• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

fertilizer when to fertilize

I'm new to growing peppers from seeds and I have a question. When do you begin to give your plants (seedlings) fertilizer, how much (strength), and finally what about liquid seaweed. I was unsure so I started when they got their 3rd pair of true leaves. Now I got a second batch of plants which consists of
t s moruga
naga morich
t s butch t
choco habanero
peach habanero
7 pot douglah, jonah, barrakapore
orange, sunrise scorpion
yellow 7 pot
fatalii
and I would like all of your advise to get a better idea so I won't mess up.

Probably three answers to this and non are wrong. Immediately, soon, and awhile from then. And of course minimal, just right and maximum amounts at a time. With that said first leaves and they start needing fert be it already in the soil or added. My general rule is first real leaves and minimal amounts added until i can tell how much they really need. Most people will throw out 1/8 to1/4 recommended dosage for seedlings of whatever your fert calls out for.

It depends if your soil has fert in it or not. If not 1/4 strength once every other week. Then when they get about 4-6" tall you should pot up into a nute soil. But if they are already in a nute soil just feed them 1/4 strength every other week. But once they are bigger like a foot tall or more once a month is fine

Thanx for your advice I just wanted to be sure because I really don't want to mess up
Thanx to the both of you

[sub]everyone figures out what woeks for them and their climate. i am in so cal by the beach so i feed a weak solution every watering, but that all depends on how fast/slow the soil dries out. and every 4th watering i flush the soil to push the salts that have built up out then feed. and well once i figured that routine out i have not lost a seedling to over watering. i just put 18 seedlings into solo cups and not 1 showed signs of shock[/sub]

Back