• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

When to plant?

Hi guys, i'm new here and would like to know when to plant my chillies or if it's too late. i live in eastern Australia in Vic and i have some yellow mushroom peppers or something. i used to have some of the purple cayenne's and some big jim's or whatever, but i have lost the seeds, lol. so, can you tell me when to plant, and if it is the same time for all chillies?

Thanks alot,
Rob

Hello and welcome from Melbourne. If you have somewhere you can keep your plants during winter then go for it, but if not then you should wait a few months before sowing the seeds. I've never had plants survive the winter outdoors.

Ok, so if i planted them now and put them in the laundry, would it be bad for them to be in darkness? or would i have to find somewhere with light to put them? like under a lamp or something

You'll need to keep them reasonably warm and they'll definitely need light, even if it's only window light. If you only have a few plants in pots you could always just bring them in every night and put them out in the morning when it starts to warm up. You could even convert a wardrobe to a grow room with lights if you have the room.

Back