• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

seeds When to start seeds indoors

Well the work has started. 10 seeds of each, Red Savina and Bhut Jolokia.

I did some reading around here and decided to give Peppermania a try. Glad I did. I ended up with seed packs of seven different varieties. Besides what they can do to our palate I think they're a beautiful addition to my landscaping.

Did you get the little packet of mystery seeds too? after ordering from her I told myself that was it for peppers and then i start growing random peppers that i have no idea what to expect. this is certainly an addictive hobby, but very rewarding!

I did get the bag of mystery seeds! How do you play this game, plant them and see what grows?

Here's the list of the seeds I ordered, if anybody has any tips for a specific plant I'd love to hear them.

Cachucha
Chocolate Habanero Long
Congo Trinidad
Cumari Ou Passarinho
Habanero - Red
Habanero - Yellow
Hot Paper Lantern

Thanks everybody.

As far as soaking the seeds I did it last year for the first time. All 10 seeds germinated for me so I'm a fan of it.

i'm going to start some of the black ones and just label them as ???
i didn't order any pubescens but i like diversity, so mystery pubescens is better then no pubescens in my mind

Success!! 10 days after I stuck them in the dirt I've got life! Just two out of the 20 so far but you have to start somewhere.

Just barely peeking out of the soil
IMG_1959c.jpg

Really announcing it's presence.
IMG_1956.jpg

Both of these are Bhut Jolokia. Could be a hot summer.

Back