• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

where can I find neem??

I discovered today I have aphids hanging around my reaper, I know neem can be used to treat them, but where can I find it, and how should I apply?

Diluted dishwashing liquid has worked for me. Aphids are soft bodied and the soap will suffocate them. Make sure you get under the leaves!

meinchoh said:
Diluted dishwashing liquid has worked for me. Aphids are soft bodied and the soap will suffocate them. Make sure you get under the leaves!
i agree with mild dish soap...I've seen some people using neem and had some not so good things happen to the plants. I'm sure they over used it but a organic dish soap can't be too bad for the plant in small quantities

I had bad aphids on a couple of plants last year. I used the neem spray from home depot, I think it's made by Bayer. 2 applications about a week apart, sprayed in the evening, and I moved the plants to partial shade. It wiped out the aphids and the plants bounced right back. I was impressed with how well it worked.

Amazon if you don''t mind supporting the giant- Dyna Gro Neem  for 8 ounces -$11.85 and ships free

I mix it with Dr. Bronners Sal Suds for a great organic incecticide

is it ok to spray them mid afternoon?  i whipped up some seventh generation dish soap and shot the plants with a spray bottle around noon.   and how often should i apply? 

Valleyman said:
Amazon if you don''t mind supporting the giant- Dyna Gro Neem  for 8 ounces -$11.85 and ships free

I mix it with Dr. Bronners Sal Suds for a great organic incecticide
I just ordered a gallon of Dyna Gro Protekt on eBay this morning. That's the only bottled product I use.

gangaskan said:
is it ok to spray them mid afternoon?  i whipped up some seventh generation dish soap and shot the plants with a spray bottle around noon.   and how often should i apply? 

To answer your question, no. Spraying any oil or surfactant on the plants while the sun is out is asking for your plants to be completely roasted. What until the sun has gone behind the trees/buildings or do it 4ish hours before the sun is up high enough to shine on your plants. If they are wet with oil and the sun is shining on them, you're gonna have a bad time.

Back