• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Where Do You Get Your Peppers/Seeds?

I would like to know where to get pepper seeds/plants. I'm looking for some unique, tasty varieties. Not really interested in super hots, but might give one a try. i have fish peppers, thai chilis, filius blue, lemon habenero, and some sort of orange and red habanero as well(farmers market), and a mushroom pepper this year.

I would love to know, where do you get your seeds?

Several ways to get your seeds. Being new I bought both pods and seeds. Buying the pods does two things. You get to try the pepper,and you get the seeds from it. If you don't like it,you don't have to wait till next year to find out, By then you will have a bunch of pods growing,that you don't like!

Head over to the market place,and purchase some peppers,or head over to the vendor vault and read about which vendors do what to fit your needs :)

But while you read...enjoy this in the background:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcrfvP11Hbo

lol

FROM THE DEVIL.......just kidding
i bought some from venders on the vender's and i have gotten seeds from some cool people on this forum, some from local places where i live. Just be straight up people"(wanting because you love growing or wanting because you want to sell) a very grey area .
Me i love the green of the plant not the money.
Good luck

I'm a plant geek. Been growing tomatoes for years and started on peppers recently. I cant remember the last time one of my hobbies made money lol. I think peppers are gorgeous, tasty and fun to grow. Definately not in it to sell, just want to see what crazy peppers can make it this far north(they typically end up as hot sauce or smoked and dried). Thanks . :)

I recommend a visit to the vender vault on this forum to read reviews about Judy from Pepperlover.com or Beth from Peppermainia.com. Then check out their websites and make a purchase. You will not be sorry.

+1 on [background=rgb(255, 244, 228)]Judy from Pepperlover.com and Beth from Peppermainia.com[/background]

You need short season varieties. Use all the methods here in the Grow Forum to get your soil temps up as early as you can; raised beds, ground covers, hoop houses, cloches etc. Peppers do not tolerate cold wet feet, get your babies started early and give them plenty of light so that they are sturdy and ready to grow as quickly as they can when set out in lighter textured, well draining soil. You will read it again and again that too much water and ferts are your baby peppers worst enemies. The Grow forum on THP has all of tips and info. Good growing.

I will agree with the recommendations already....Judy, Pepperlover.com, Beth, Peppermania.com and Tomato Growers Supply Company, http://www.tomatogrowers.com/

When I first started growing a large assortment of peppers, I bought a bunch of seeds from Tomato Growers and was never disappointed in any of the seed I got from them...

I have also had great luck with Beth form Peppermania...and have bought numerous seeds from her...

I have only had one transaction with Judy @ pepperlover.com but she did me right and the seeds were great...

This is my first year to setup a garden and I grew a lot of different stuff. I used seedrack.com and parkseed.com. I have some great looking plants, I will use these seed suppliers again.

For seeds check Grant at JungleRain.com.au and Judy at pepperlover.com

They are both great! Check them out you will not be disappointed.

over the years, i purchased from greta's organic gardens out of ottawa, pepperlover & peppermania. you can also get a selection from local nurseries or even some local grocers like safeways(they carry fresno, those grow fast).

i have 1 more orange hab plant to die off and i will have no need to grow orange habs again as every grocer carries them year round. i am now debating if keeping my red scotch bonnet is worth the effort as i can get them locally now too, i can stick with yellow bonnets. i found bacatuum variety grow really well here.

i think either dvg or fireface has mentioned local farmers markets in their area carrying some exotics and next time you decide to come to the big city(calgary), i can give you a list of grocers, where i have picked up fresh pods. like a couple of days ago, fresh manzano, go figure but i think that is a seasonal exception.

good luck.

no one mentioned Joe yet pepperjoe.com

also chilepepperinstitute.org

Receiving packages here......wellll...It's easier to get a letter to Santa but Joe's got it squared away for me. I'm having good results and planning on snagging some more soon.Most of my squash,onions, lettuces, corn and tomatoes etc, come out of the University of agronomy here. The tropics can be tough with the varieties grown up there and in Europe.Hot peppers, on the other hand ;), you trim them back with roundup ! :)

im fairly close to your neck of the woods. Ill PM ya, Im willing to trade if there is anything particular you want.
Also i have used Veseys canada in PEI as well as West Coast Seeds in BC as reliable sources. Not amazing selection... but they are close to home.

good to see another Canadian in the group. Cheers

I am just down the road from you and have a few varietys of superhots that I can give you to get started.Let me know if I can help. Regards

I'm new, but from what I have read on this board, all of the vendors listed above seem to be first-rate. Based on this, I just ordered some fresh pods from Pepperlover.com.

I have bought seeds from refiningfirechiles.com, rainbowchiliseeds.com, and crazyhotseeds.com. First-rate experiences with them, as well.

my #1 spot would be pepperlover.com! going to be putting in another order probably next week! before that it was dillyschilis.com but there selection has run dry but they are expecting to have a big selection come August...

Back