• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Where in New Jersey?

JoynersHotPeppers said:
You are better off buying them from people here. Many of the ghost peppers I see are shipped from other countries and not local at all.
Are there no local Mexican (or even Asian) Markets that may have something hotter than a Habanero? Maybe even dried?

ZeekyBanutski said:
Are there no local Mexican (or even Asian) Markets that may have something hotter than a Habanero? Maybe even dried?
Most Mexican places Habanero is the high end and Asian food doesn't use supers either unless you mean the Asians in India. Again, better product will come from this site no matter where you go in NJ unless it is to a hot sauce festival and you get lucky :) 

JoynersHotPeppers said:
Most Mexican places Habanero is the high end and Asian food doesn't use supers either unless you mean the Asians in India. Again, better product will come from this site no matter where you go in NJ unless it is to a hot sauce festival and you get lucky :)
Roger that & thanks for the info. I was trying to help out my son-in-law, but if it's not possible...then it is what it is. Good thing is that I grow both Ghosts & Scorpions, but my yield isn't as big as I'd like it (one plant of each with a yield of about 20-30 peppers each - not quite enough to split equally & have enough to last all off-season). Next year I'll change up what I grow so that I can better share the crop.

Back