• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Which metal halide lamp is the best?

Hello Chileheads.

I want to ask you which metal halide lamp is the best for growing peppers,
and which you're using.

I'm happy to see the answers.

greetings HotPepper-Fan

I have an old junk one that came out of a carwash. 400 watt and works fine, althoughit adds about $30 a month on my electric bill.

Yea hydrofarm is a good one. If it is for strating seeds then get a 150w. I was looking inmy local hydro shop catalog and found 150?watt I think it was of MH and it was the whole system, lens, ballest, hood, glass cover for the hood.... only 90 buck!!!!!!!!!

I like the eye hortilux full spectrum MH because the range of light they provide. However they start at around $100 a bulb.

I have a 400W GE multi-vapor MH. Its a much cheaper bulb rated at 33,100 lumens (MVR400/U).... and i can vouch for this bulb. Ive run it off and on for a couple years and i can say that there are 80 plants producing their first pods under it as we speak.

Yeah, apparently i started too early this season. its a new house so the setup is revised..... and apparently working a little too well. the plants range from 10"- 30" tall, and have run out of room horizontally, So they will lose some lower leaves from now on. largest pod so far goes to a hungarian hot wax measuring in at 5" long and as thick as my thumb.

They call a 6' x6' x8' walk in closet home, and reside under a hood measuring 2'x2'. 400W bulb mentioned above mounted horizantally

i need to get them outside ASAP. :shocked: i cant see the floor or the pots. Its a jungle

i bought this lamp back in December and have not had any problems with it at all.

http://www.amazon.com/LED-Wholesalers-GYO2002-Hydroponic-Reflector/dp/B003810CVA/ref=sr_1_16?ie=UTF8&qid=1326690503&sr=8-16

Are the Eye Hortilux Bulbs CE certified?

Are the Digilux Bulbs CE certified?

Are the Fans from Hyrofarm CE certified?

very important,

thanks

greetings
HotPepper-Fan

I was contemplating getting a tent that size but everyone I spoke with said no point, a 400w would only cover a 2'x3' area. If you have that many plants doing that well, I guess I'm getting a big tent. What kind of reflector do you have?

I was contemplating getting a tent that size but everyone I spoke with said no point, a 400w would only cover a 2'x3' area. If you have that many plants doing that well, I guess I'm getting a big tent. What kind of reflector do you have?

my reflector looks similar to this one. shiny white finish measuring 2x2. Its just a basic wing reflector and basically the cheapest one at the grow store.

http://www.globalgrow.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=390

Back