• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

pests Whie bugs and powdery substance under leaves

hey yawl. i've been noticing this white powdery substance under the leaves of my peppers and tiny white bugs there too When i shake the bugs fly away and sumtimes come back. There arent alot of them but i still sprayed > i've had the problem for a while but its under the leaves and doesn't affect the growth at all. I sprayed with joy and water then after a shortime took some water and wished over the leaves with my finger to rub it off and take some of the joy off . Uh what causes this and can i prevent it ?

peppermanbaha said:
hey yawl. i've been noticing this white powdery substance under the leaves of my peppers and tiny white bugs there too When i shake the bugs fly away and sumtimes come back. There arent alot of them but i still sprayed > i've had the problem for a while but its under the leaves and doesn't affect the growth at all. I sprayed with joy and water then after a shortime took some water and wished over the leaves with my finger to rub it off and take some of the joy off . Uh what causes this and can i prevent it ?

Sounds like its white flies. I'm guessing sticky traps and insecticidal soap should do the trick

Back