• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

harvesting While I was away - harvest

I'm back in town after a 10 pseudo-vacation. I picked anything that looked ripe or half ripe before I left, and when I got back there was this:

harvest0630.jpg

Here's the breakdown.
2 red and 2 orange hab plants...
hHabs.jpg

2 Greek pepperoncini (2+ weeks on these)
hGreek.jpg

2 lemon drops (c. bac)...
hLemon.jpg

(cont.)

1 japone...
hJapone.jpg

a bunch of jalapeno plants, half of them in 1 gal, others in 3 gal...
hJals.jpg

some misc, thai, thai dragon, tabaco (first ripe ones), and a few super chili...
hMisc.jpg

And almost forgot, I picked some wax today for poppers etc...
hWax.jpg

Made a blender of salsa and a quart of picked jalapenos today. Had fresh Greeks in pasta last night and I'm pre-soaking the small ones for pickling tomorrow. Wax/jalapeno poppers and burgers for dinner!

c.

imaguitargod said:
Unripend?!?!?! WHHHHYYYY!!!!!!

Hehee. I'm trying to replicate the greek pickling. I'm convinced these are picked unripe and on the small side due to the ease of packing in a jar... or something. Don't worry ... there's plenty of time for ripe ones later in the season.

caroltlw said:
Hehee. I'm trying to replicate the greek pickling. I'm convinced these are picked unripe and on the small side due to the ease of packing in a jar... or something. Don't worry ... there's plenty of time for ripe ones later in the season.

Oh. Ok. :lol:

Nice looking pods either way.

Silver_Surfer said:
Great bunch of pods carol and a very trustworthy neighbor. :)

Yeah, she did great. If anything I think she may have overwatered. But, hey, we had heat index of 110 for several days.

I found my kitchen scale and "fish hook" scale in storage today. The only peppers that remained intact were the lemons, habs and japones.

Lemon Drop - 9oz
Habs (combined) - 6.5oz
Japone - 4oz

Pretty sure the greeks were about 1lb and the jalapenos pushing 2 lbs - they're the densest.

Back