• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

White/beige paper thin leaves

Hello, I started my plants indoors, and since I've started taking them outdoors some leaves are becoming white and paper thin. I wonder if It has something to do with being outdoors, or a fungus? I had some mold problems this winter. There are still some healthy leaves, so I hope I am not too late to save them. Please help.

Socal seems correct - sunburn. If you haven't properly hardened them off, they'll burn rather easily in direct sun. Introduce them to sun, an hour a day, and work up from there. Are the stems purple, too?

that just happened to me actually last week. i just shortened the amounts of time i left them out to aclimate. they dropped most the burned leaves right away but have been doing well since otherwise

I'm on day 3 of "hardening off" my new plants, and I left em out in the sun a little too long today, with the same results. It's definitely sunburn.

Should I give them the day off tomorrow (they spend nights and the rest of the day in a southern facing window, still plenty of light but filtered through the glass), or should I put them right back out there?

Back