• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

White Fatalii (PL) glog

I know I got a late start, but living in Florida I'm hoping that wont be too big of a deal (although the heat and rain kind of scares me).

Transplanted my little germinated seeds today, the root length was 1/2"-1" in some so I decided it was a good idea to transplant them today. I'm using Solo cups with 3 holes drilled into the bottom in a triangle formation. Planned on just doing 3 plants but we see how that turned out. Didn't have enough cups for all the germinated seeds so just going to let the extras grow some more before giving them away. The trench the cups are in has a nice incline to help drain off extra water to prevent the soil from staying too wet.

ejearY0.jpg

Yellowfin2na said:
Oh ok sorry about that. Yeah its a cool little plant. I enjoy it because it stays short and bushy which is great for my hydro set up.

I have a pod ready but I like to let all my pods ripen and take pics of them on there so I haven't tried them yet. As a matter of fact I haven't tried any fatalii yet. I'll let you know when I do. Goog luck with the grow. I think you'll be just fine in florida ;)
 Do you think it would be too much to plant 3 plants in that trench then? Like how bushy are we talking?

Also guys i had 2 plants sprout up but they don't have leaves, like you can see where they were supposed to grow but they aren't there. My other sprouts are doing just fine.

Mine aren't full grown yet so I can't say how busy they will get. Right now they are about the diameter of a basketball.

Not sure about sprout issue. White fatalii have shown some strange traits all over this forum. Might be just another unusual one it's showing.

Yellowfin2na said:
Mine aren't full grown yet so I can't say how busy they will get. Right now they are about the diameter of a basketball.

Not sure about sprout issue. White fatalii have shown some strange traits all over this forum. Might be just another unusual one it's showing.
Yeah thats what I'm realizing too, just like how two of the plants have weird shaped leaves and the other ones perfectly straight and flat

So as a little update here are the 3 plants that are growing, I had a problem with some plants growing without leaves and slowly died. But these 3 are the survivors. They look like they are doing pretty good to me any thoughts?

N3v5rcI.jpg
jJ6mll9.jpg
VCIKczg.jpg

The look OK so far, looks like you got a late start.
Here is the one I have growing, its a nice little plant, about 1.5 - 2 feet tall now.
IMG_20150706_161224820_zpsez5ylhjt.jpg

They do seem to like to set a ton of pods.
IMG_20150706_161241263_zpstov9mcaq.jpg

jcw10tc said:
The look OK so far, looks like you got a late start.
Here is the one I have growing, its a nice little plant, about 1.5 - 2 feet tall now.
IMG_20150706_161224820_zpsez5ylhjt.jpg

They do seem to like to set a ton of pods.
IMG_20150706_161241263_zpstov9mcaq.jpg

That looks more like the Devils Tongue White. Trait of that strain is how the leaves tend to curl up easy like yours is. Also the immense amount of pods you get from it, had like 6-8 pods a cluster.

meatfreak said:

That looks more like the Devils Tongue White. Trait of that strain is how the leaves tend to curl up easy like yours is. Also the immense amount of pods you get from it, had like 6-8 pods a cluster.
Funny you say that.  I have a devil's tongue white also, they do look just about the same.  I know I only started 1 devils tongue so pretty certain I didn't mix up the seeds.

UPDATE devastating news, cat knocked my plants over and the soil was everywhere, I tried to plant the root back into a long narrow hole without bending or touching it, one of the roots seemed to be completely broken off, I replanted just to be safe. Really hoping one of these survives, I am DEVASTATED! 

GOOD NEWS!! I decided to bury the stem a little of the plant that had lost its roots in hopes of bringing it back to life (similar to how one would clone a plant) and I am happy to say that after two days of acting like it was dying, IT IS BACK TO LIFE AGAIN! the leaves have bounced back up and it appears to be making a full recovery!  Peppers truly are resilient little buggers!

Glad to hear the cat failed to kill your White Fatalii. Also, I heard somewhere that cats are excellent fertilizer for peppers... just sayin... :D

White Fatalii and White devils tongue both look rather similar and suffer the same leaf curl issues. I'd honestly be surprised if they wasn't one and the same being circulated under different names. Though my white devils tongue seems to be throwing larger pods than the white fatalii. 

D3monic said:
White Fatalii and White devils tongue both look rather similar and suffer the same leaf curl issues. I'd honestly be surprised if they wasn't one and the same being circulated under different names. Though my white devils tongue seems to be throwing larger pods than the white fatalii.
Glad to see I am not the only one. I would go as far as to say my plants of w fatalii and w devil's tongue are virtually identical. Leaf curl, plant size, and pod shape/size/color all the same.

Due to the fact that the cat is still screwing with my plants I decided to transplant them to the dirt so they will be less likely to be tipped over. The one in the middle is the one I thought was dead but has been making a comeback. I'm assuming its small size is due to the fact that its using all its nutrients to try and rebuild its root system. As you can see the other two are doing just fine. It's kind of mild out right now so letting them get a little more sunlight then they normally get as the hot sun makes them get really wilted.

yF3PnWa.jpg

jcw10tc said:
Glad to see I am not the only one. I would go as far as to say my plants of w fatalii and w devil's tongue are virtually identical. Leaf curl, plant size, and pod shape/size/color all the same.

I did get my seeds for both from you though so there's a similar factor involved. 

Here's a pic of my white fatalii in the hydro and white fatalii grown outdoors

Hydro left, outdoors right. I really like the size, shape and color of the hydro ones better. Unfortunately the plant has only produced a few pods and getting scrapped soon. 

Update, so i know its been a while, but these are my babies now. I know i need to move them to a bigger pot but i want to wait till after winter in fear of them dying. Peppers take forever to grow, i thought once the peppers started they would be ripe soon, but its been a few weeks. They are growing slowly but i cant wait to try them :)

E9cQqPd.jpg

gZ26weB.jpg

Any advice on when I should transplant these? If i do so now do i risk anything since winter is coming? Should i just wait till spring?

I have some ripe peppers now :) the weird thing is that each plant seems to be growing a different phenome(?). Some are hooked, the middle plant are long skinny peppers and the far left one are a little more habenero in shape. The short fat ones are the ones that are rippened and they arent exactly white. Will wait to see how the other plants do.

RN5DmFb.jpg

fYHOvOf.jpg

This plant looks a little weird, it has these spots on the stems everywhere, i cant tell if its normal or not and the top of the pepper is a bit darker as you can tell.

4UO49b9.jpg

Back