• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification.

White fly infestation HELP!!

I have been battling white flies for too long now, I have been trying to go the organic way and have been using a neem based spray that i have been using for my aphid problem..but its not doing a dam thing for the white flies ... Can anyone PLEASE recommend a insectacide spray that they have gotten good results with for white flies..Those dam things can do work on your plants.. Any help is mucho appreciated!

Thanks

Give this a try broseph

http://www.bonide.com/products/product.php?category_id=214

Product details

For Organic Gardening. A superior type paraffinic oil that may be used as a growing season spray, dormant spray (no leaves) or delayed dormant (green tip) spray to control overwintering eggs of red spiders, scale insects, aphids, bud moths, leaf roller, red bug, codling moth, blister mites, galls, whitefly, mealy bugs and other insects and diseases. Highly recommended for use on fruit trees, shade trees, shrubs, ornamentals, roses and vegetables. Safe and pleasant to use.

I'd set up some sticky traps around your plants too!

inidicloprid is used extensively within commercial greenhouses to control white flies and or aphids.
can be formulated as a spray or drench.
it works, and works well.

Been dealing with white flies for years you must be doing something wrong,  the formula is 1-2 TBS of Neem Oil, 1 TBS of dog flea and tick shampoo, to 1 gallon of water,  shake well pour into a sprayer(I use 4 gallons at a time)  spray the bottoms of your leaves until your soak the nymphs, you can tell its done right if all the white powdery residue is wet.  Also spray surrounding Ficus plants and or any others that show white fly activity.  Hang a yellow colored pest strip out, they love the color yellow,  also mist the top of the leaves and plants for aphids and mites, only spray after the sun goes down. GL.....

megahot said:
Give this a try broseph

http://www.bonide.com/products/product.php?category_id=214

Product details

For Organic Gardening. A superior type paraffinic oil that may be used as a growing season spray, dormant spray (no leaves) or delayed dormant (green tip) spray to control overwintering eggs of red spiders, scale insects, aphids, bud moths, leaf roller, red bug, codling moth, blister mites, galls, whitefly, mealy bugs and other insects and diseases. Highly recommended for use on fruit trees, shade trees, shrubs, ornamentals, roses and vegetables. Safe and pleasant to use.

I'd set up some sticky traps around your plants too!
So after a long battle with white flies i have finially defeated them for the moment!...2 weeks of neem oil spray then with flea shampoo there were still flying around in the mist like it was a shower ..bastards were loving life....not anymore!!! So if anyone else is having a white fly problem and your home solution isnt doing the job. I recommend this... THANKS Mega for the recommendation.. :woohoo:

heatofmiami said:
So after a long battle with white flies i have finially defeated them for the moment!...2 weeks of neem oil spray then with flea shampoo there were still flying around in the mist like it was a shower ..bastards were loving life....not anymore!!! So if anyone else is having a white fly problem and your home solution isnt doing the job. I recommend this... THANKS Mega for the recommendation.. :woohoo:

Glad it worked for ya! The stuff works great for me!

I'm glad it worked for you, I still think you may have been doing something wrong,  If I had to use that spray it would cost me an arm and a leg, imagine what 4 gallons a week would cost me.......

I live in Florida too, and had a big problem with white flies infesting some of my bushes that surround the house (along with that white powder that the flies make that kills the leaves)

What killed them fast was Spectracide Malathion Insect Spray Concentrate. Purchased at Lowes.

Supposed to be mixed 1 tablespoon to 1 gal water ... I mixed it 2 tablespoons to 1 gal water.

Sprayed the bushes using one of those pump-up sprayers ... No more white flies! :)

Also had white cotton-like stuff on the underside of the leaves of my potted pygmy date palm which was caused by mealybugs .... Spayed the palm leaves with the Malathion ... The mealybugs are dead too!

Only took 1 dose!

51QM8AgHHmL.jpg

I had white flies about a month ago and then nothing, they just disapeared. now they are back and I have stated spraying with insectacidal soap. I am hoping this works and I dont have to go nuclear on them. which brings me to my next point. I will soon be bringing my plants indoors. You dont want to be spraying nerv agent in the house so, what do you indoor growers use on vermin?

Back