• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

White Ghost pepper

Hey guys, long time lurker, first time poster. I've been through plenty of seasons based off the information from this website, but the one pepper I've wanted to grow, the seeds have eluded me. I usually buy my stuff off pepperlover (great service, highly recommend) but she has been continously out of seeds least this time of year for the specific breed. Do you guys know any other recommended sites I could buy the seeds from? I seriously do not want to have to resort to ebay. Any input is welcomed greatly, thank you.

hogleg said:
Duffy is expensive but he provides good seeds.

http://store.myorganicseeds.com/White-Bhut-Jolokia-JW-10-seeds-P5470999.aspx

Welcome to THP
His ghost peppers he posted on FB today

12768272_10207102552456080_484362336752612663_o.jpg

Ok everyone. Despite what people think there are two different white " Ghost Pepper". There is the White Bhut which is pictured above. The white bhut is rough skinned and hot like the original red ghost. Then there is the " white ghost", smooth skinned short and not as hot as the bhut. White Ghost has somehow encompassed both peppers into one name. And they are actually quite different. I am growing two White Bhuts this year and am very excited for it.

SvtCobra said:
  Ok everyone. Despite what people think there are two different white " Ghost Pepper". There is the White Bhut which is pictured above. The white bhut is rough skinned and hot like the original red ghost. Then there is the " white ghost", smooth skinned short and not as hot as the bhut. White Ghost has somehow encompassed both peppers into one name. And they are actually quite different. I am growing two White Bhuts this year and am very excited for it.
I grew pepperlover white ghost.. sucked. Not very hot, flavor was nothing special, and your right, short hab like pods

LordHill said:
I grew pepperlover white ghost.. sucked. Not very hot, flavor was nothing special, and your right, short hab like pods
  Yes the white ghost is very prolific. But the heat is off.

Back