• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Who can identify this "C. Eximium"?

Hi guys,

Last year I got some seed from Seedsavers, among which the C. Eximium, Manzano (Rocoto Grande) and a small Rocoto. The Manzano's all turned out to be truth manzano, but from the small Rocoto more than half are a different type of pepper, definitely annuum, with small pods, less than an inch long and very slender, maybe just over an eight of an inch.
All the eximium look similar, and I have no idea what they really are. The plant is small and bushy, dark purple-green leaves, uniform dark purple flowers (camera is lightening the color)and purple pods. The pods are not mature yet, but must be about half an inch in length. Here are a few pictures:

IMG_2134.jpg

IMG_2138.jpg

IMG_2136.jpg

I hope to be lucky, that someone can identify this pepper. I am also wondering if they will turn red, or stay purple. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the suggestions. The explosive ember is indeed an excellent match. However, with this plant the pods grow in clusters, and with my plant they stand single. So, might be an explosive ember cross.
Definitely not the chinese 5 color. All pods are uniform purple. The purple Pequin plant is not as bushy, has a different leaf type and also the pods have a different shape.

Si tratta del CAP 1546 erroneamente qualificato come C. eximium dalla banca del germoplasma IPK ... in realtà è un C. annuum

This is the CAP 1546 erroneously classified as C. eximium from IPK germplasm bank ... actually is a C. annuum

google translation:This is the 1546 CAP erroneously classified as C. eximium IPK germplasm bank of ... actually is a C. annuum

Wow !!! Great (not about the eximium being a CAP 1546 though).Thank you guys.
Found a few links, and I think that you are indeed right:

And for dear megamastger71 a google translation:
Wow! Grandes (y no sobre la eximium ser un CAP 1546 sin embargo). Gracias chicos.
Encontrado algunos enlaces, y creo que usted es el derecho:

The Chilliman

Rainbowchilliseeds

wild chilli forum

Megamaster71, I have a question. I did some more browsing, and found a few posts from you at the wild chilli forum that mention Eximium CAP 1546. So what is the origin of the CAP 1546. What is the cross? Thank you for providing me with more information about this pepper.

Megamaster71, tengo una pregunta. He hecho un poco más de navegación, y encontró unos pocos puestos de usted en el foro de chile silvestre que mencionar eximium CAP 1546. Entonces, ¿cuál es el origen de la PAC 1546. ¿Qué es la cruz? Gracias por darme más información sobre este pimienta.

Sorry for the google bugs and I hope you can understand.

The origin is the bank of the germplasm IPK which is based in Germany.

We study wild species for years and after having cultivated we noticed the difference and we have reported the matter to the IPK ... must have made ​​a mistake when they have cataloged the species ... but it is clear that it is a annuum and not a eximium

Back