• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Who eats the Most Hot Pepper

Wondering if there's an independent study as to which / what country actually eats the most and hottest peppers on a regular basis ?
I would think its likely a place like Guyana or not far away but may be very wrong.
Any thoughts ?

LATAM perhaps..

quote:
However, A Berkley neurobiology study found the opposite to be true. They concluded that Capsaicin/Chilli consumption to be "protective against stomach cancer". They pointed to the fact that the gastric cancer rates in Mexico, where Chilli Pepper consumption is particularly high, are relatively low. They also noted the correlation between increased Chilli consumption in the USA and falling rates of gastric cancer.

The incidence of stomach and colon cancer is far lower in South America, where they eat far more Chilli than they do in the North.​

sources:​

I just heard a report on All Things Considered talking about the rise of 'chili-heads' in the US... I doubt that we eat more than other countries, but we are getting there... They attributed some of the phenomenon to the influence of Hispanic and Asian culture in this country.

I just heard a report on All Things Considered talking about the rise of 'chili-heads' in the US... I doubt that we eat more than other countries, but we are getting there... They attributed some of the phenomenon to the influence of Hispanic and Asian culture in this country.

Yep I heard too, perhaps that's why:

This year I want to make it my goal to learn how to make my own hot sauce one day, it has been something I have been wanting to do for many years actually but never really had the knowledge or inspiration to bring to fruition until I stumbled on this wonderful site, I have spent many hours taking in all the knowledge and experience here. I even got the nerve to try my first batch which was good but needed work, but I took notes and got off my butt and did it most importantly! :} I guess my point is that I love THP! and all the good helpful peeps and mentors here..Be Well

Quote:
Why hot sauce is one of America's fastest-growing industries
By 2017, hot sauce production in the U.S. is expected to be a $1.3 billion industry.

source: http://www.mnn.com/m...-growing-indust

That is on my PBS: All Things Considered

I'm going with Trini aswell followed by Guyana , they eat a spoon full of their rice and whatever while nibbling on a super hot!

Back