• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Who guards your plants?

The year before last they cut my fence and stole all my pomegranates. I wanted a bear trap but settled on one of these.
Bleu.jpg

While the lady bugs and granddaddy long-legs manage the little pests, our beautiful animals keep an eye out for pepper thieving rabbits and squirrels.

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:1354]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:1352]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:1350]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:1351]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:1353]

Pit Bulls are not good guard dogs. They do look intimidating though and people think they are mean because they don't know the breed. :)

He's an American Staffordshire Terrier, and he really will keep people out of the yard. They are not naturally guard and attack dogs but I have known some that will tear you a new asshole right now. The one I had before this one was shot and killed by a sheriff's deputy because it had bit someone in my yard and I was not home when they came to quarantine him. My wife has make a big pussy out of this one because of that.

Only thing I am doing is putting up a no trespassing sign at the edges of the yard. If the little punk kids want to come in the yard and take a pepper to eat. Well more power to them when they crawl home to mommy and daddy crying because it was too hot. If mommy and daddy decide they want to confront me about the hot pepper. I will just point to the signs, tell them their precious little one came on my property and stole from me.
As for rabbits and such, will be getting some chicken wire for them. Have noticed one in the neighbors yard the past few days sitting right by the fence. I think it has a home there under the one bush.

While the lady bugs and granddaddy long-legs manage the little pests, our beautiful animals keep an eye out for pepper thieving rabbits and squirrels.

Man talk about grandaddy long-legs, we had an incredible amount of them in our community garden at work last year. Every single hole in the cinderblocks was just filled to the brim.

My wife has make a big pussy out of this one because of that.

Best way for him to be.

My dog's best friend was a staffordshire terrier before he died of old age. Sweetest disposition of any dog I've ever known. Super docile and loving. Any dog can be a pit dog if you beat it enough. I'm glad for your wife - it'll keep your dog out of trouble to love a long and happy life.
:cheers:

He's an American Staffordshire Terrier, and he really will keep people out of the yard. They are not naturally guard and attack dogs but I have known some that will tear you a new asshole right now.

Agreed. My Tasha puts on a show if you come around and she looks intimidating but bend down and pet her and she will roll on her back for belly rubs. :lol:

@ Txclosetgrower.... WOW! They say they are very poisonous but can not penetrate our skin. I've never seen that many long legs in one spot.

Man talk about grandaddy long-legs, we had an incredible amount of them in our community garden at work last year. Every single hole in the cinderblocks was just filled to the brim.

Yeah they seem to LOVE my peppers.... and I had no problems with pests last summer... so assume that's what they were up to.

Back