• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Who here eats whole superhots?

OK Pods Ive eaten worth talking about

Orange Hab - Hurt bad
Trinnie Scorpion - hurt real bad
Bhut Jolokia - hurt bad - got over it ok
Jonah - OMG what the.... h-e-e-e-lp - guts hurt for an hour
Douglah - Pain so bad I halucinated - Pain hurt so bad I threw up an hour later - took 5 hours to get over....NEVER AGAIN!!!!!!
Brain Strain - Bad pain - sore guts an hour later

Only super hot I've ever ate was a ghost pepper. Had no idea what it was and maybe had an extra drink or two in me :drunk:

It looked so innocent and at this time I had never seen one. I took it to the stem bit it off.... Ahhh this isn't so bad. 1 hour later and a full gallon of water down the hatch I think I finally got over it.

I plan on sampling quite a few superhots this year with the variety I have. I'm pretty anxious and terrified of the results that have yet to come. :mouthonfire:

I've eaten a few nagas right off of the plant... for the same reason JayT said, I swore I'd eat a pod off of everything I grew. But I think Naga is my limit. The eating part is bad enough.... the throne part later on is just as bad. I eat habs off of the plant for kicks when I'm sitting out in my courtyard, drinking beer, and listening to music.... enjoying the day. I might eat three a day when they're growing. No real thrill to be had, I just like the initial flavor.

I won't be eating a ghost scorpion. I'll take a taste, but a whole one? No way. Not after watching Ted Barrus eat one. I'll stick to my cajun belles for snacks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDoqq7yLKdg

I've eaten lots of naga jolokias and scotch bonnets i grew. Sometimes I'll do it just to torment my friends. "your a sissy just try it. Its not that bad" ~ wink wink ~ lmao my friends don't trust me at all any more and run when i pull my stuff out. I've got all kinds of super hot powders, a couple pastes and extracts... I've tried them all straight multiple times and cook with them regularly. I also made the vow that I'm going to eat one whole off the plant from each diff strain i have this year, 20 kinds at least... I'm kinda scared but i Work on my tolerance daily. Wish me luck. Hahaha!

OK Pods Ive eaten worth talking about

Orange Hab - Hurt bad
Trinnie Scorpion - hurt real bad
Bhut Jolokia - hurt bad - got over it ok
Jonah - OMG what the.... h-e-e-e-lp - guts hurt for an hour
Douglah - Pain so bad I halucinated - Pain hurt so bad I threw up an hour later - took 5 hours to get over....NEVER AGAIN!!!!!!
Brain Strain - Bad pain - sore guts an hour later

I found the Jonah to be the most forgiving. I ate a pod chopped up & sprinkled onto like 3 slices of pizza & no ill effects at all. :cheers:

I found the jonah to be hot, but not unbearable. It was probably the mildest of the 7pots (which doesn't say much, ALL 7 pots bring the heat).

Out of the 7 pots, I think the Douglahs and Barrackpores scare me the most. The Primo is HOT too, but the taste on it is good, while I hated the taste of the douglah and barrackpore, so it made the heat a bit more bearable.

I've eaten a few nagas right off of the plant... for the same reason JayT said, I swore I'd eat a pod off of everything I grew. But I think Naga is my limit. The eating part is bad enough.... the throne part later on is just as bad. I eat habs off of the plant for kicks when I'm sitting out in my courtyard, drinking beer, and listening to music.... enjoying the day. I might eat three a day when they're growing. No real thrill to be had, I just like the initial flavor.

I won't be eating a ghost scorpion. I'll take a taste, but a whole one? No way. Not after watching Ted Barrus eat one. I'll stick to my cajun belles for snacks.

I picked these at Bower's Chile Festival last year and took a few of the Peach ones with me to my local bottle shop. They serve flat bread pizzas. I ordered two slices and sliced the chile up and put it on them. I have to say it was wonderful on pizza. Very fruity. Tasted great. Made it hard to taste the rest of that beer though. People thought I was nuts.

I picked these at Bower's Chile Festival last year and took a few of the Peach ones with me to my local bottle shop. They serve flat bread pizzas. I ordered two slices and sliced the chile up and put it on them. I have to say it was wonderful on pizza. Very fruity. Tasted great. Made it hard to taste the rest of that beer though. People thought I was nuts.

I couldn't resist my temptation with the ghost scorpion. Joyner's hot powders was kind enough to send me a dried one free with my order a few months ago, and good god almighty those things will light you up worse than grandma's house when she thought she heard a mouse in the room.

First post :)

I've started to grow Chocolate Bhut Jolokias last year. This year it has been Chocolate Bhut Jolokia, Bhut Jolokia, 7 Pod, Naga Morich, Habanero, Scotch Bonnet, Hanoi Orange, Laugi and Asian Birdeye. Like others I decided to try a full pod of each plant this year.

Of the Super Hots, I've eaten a whole Chocolate Bhut Jolokia and 7 Pod so far. The Chocolate Bhut felt that little hotter, and was like a hot coal going down my body for an hour or so. I lost my taste for the day, and it felt like I had just rinsed my mouth out with chemicals. I didn't get any after affects on the other end though.Taste wise I find the Chocolate Bhut Jolokia a bit fruity for my liking.

I didn't lose my taste from the 7 Pod. Still burnt like hell but it didn't last near as long. It did however feel like I had a hot iron stuck up my butt once it reached the other end lol. I prefer the taste of the 7 Pod.

Habanero's are my favourite flavour of all the chilli's. It's still difficult to eat, but not near as bad as the above mentioned.

I'm not sure if I would eat hotter then the Bhut Jolokia though. I thought I was going to have heart failure after eating one lol!

Also I put Butch T and Bhut Jolokia sauce on or in everything I eat, but the pods whole are a completely different kettle of fish!

I posted before one of my reasons that I grow a good many super hots, I was able to burn my least favorite son in law , got to watch him moan and hold his stomach and whine about how bad he felt. :rofl: The best part I only had to eat one small dried Bhut while he had a dried Barrackapore then popped a dried Brain strain that set next to it. :rofl:
This year I'm growing several Barackapores, Douglahs, Chocolate Bhuts, red Brain Strains, red Primo, and several others, I don't plan on eating more than one or two fresh peppers, just to see how bad they really are.
Got a bit of both bad and good news, good news My not so favorite son in law is history :dance: The bad news came from my Doctor, I won't go into that, but I won't be eating any really bad guys, at least that is what I told my doctor :liar:
I will also be growing one that was marked "Super Scorpion" I have no info on this pepper but I have 4 plants of it under lights I'm hoping its a ripper like the Barrackapore. Beware of that sucker worse burn and stomach pain from that one except maybe the pain from the Douglah :hell:

I've had bites here and there from Morugas, Bhuts, 7 Pots, but last year for some dum reason I picked a Chocolate Douglah and ate it. Stupid...just stupid. It was a pretty good shock. Then the cramps came for about an hour. I must rather eat slices tossed on a sandwich or dried and ground up and sprinkled on pizza.

i actually thought the douglah flavor and heat was absolutely wonderful... i've never eaten a pepper that had such a numbing effect. i'm growing 2 of them this year and acquiring a third :D i did not enjoy the barrackpore's flavor, it was like battery acid mixed with dirt. brainstrains are alright and great in sauces for that deep mellow long lasting burn. i have a feeling this is going to be a summer of salads with fresh chopped datil's and douglahs :D

last year i did pretty much the same as phil... sat out in my yard popping habs and drinking beer

I've eaten orange, pumpkin and chocolate habs, scotch bonnets, chocolate bhuts, yellow 7s and ghost peppers whole and the last few are simply more pain than enjoyment so I do it maybe twice a year. Like several people have said, I like to pick and eat the first pod from each of my plants every season but do not do superhots regularly. I can sit and snack on scotch bonnets all day, and even slices of a yellow 7 but I can't take the heat like some others on here.

I grow hot peppers to cook with because I love spicy food. I eat whole pods on camera as a sacrifice to the sports Gods. Half of them make me vomit. I am hoping that eating a reaper will bring the dolphins a superbowl this year. I got a few new ones to try this season. 7 pot bubble gum, monster naga, purple naga, brown 7 pot, tmudder's douglah X, infinity chile, and whatever pods I specialty order or trade for.

Back