• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Who offers the best value for l.e.d fixtures ?

I was wondering the same. There is a bunch of units out there. They all look the same. Never had a look inside one to know if all the parts are the same. I now there is a difference in diode's. I'm just looking for something more energy efficient and compact then my t12 or 400w hps. I just need it for start ups and Bonchi grow. http://ledgrowlightsexpert.com/

I have the light set at 24" above the floor of my grow tent, which is 36" by 20". That puts the lights about 20.5" above soil level.
I only have an App for measuring lux on my phone so take it for what its worth but dead centre at soil level is getting a reading of 100k lux, darkest corner is reading at 10k lux but the plants are doing well.
If you want me to test any other heights or pics or anything just let me know.

+1 on the Mars hydro. I have a pair of the reflector 144, and they are awesome lights. So awesome that I ordered another Friday, it was shipped same day and tracking says delivery tomorrow. I ordered direct from their website $261 with free shipping.

FreeportBum said:
+1 on the Mars hydro. I have a pair of the reflector 144, and they are awesome lights. So awesome that I ordered another Friday, it was shipped same day and tracking says delivery tomorrow. I ordered direct from their website $261 with free shipping.

i ordered the 192 reflectors 2 pcs . 2 day free shipping , seems like l.e.d. id the way to go . hopefully they'll last quite a while .

moruga welder said:
i ordered the 192 reflectors 2 pcs . 2 day free shipping , seems like l.e.d. id the way to go . hopefully they'll last quite a while .
What was the price?

Let use know how it turns out.

Thanks for sharing.

moruga welder said:
644  with my 90 points off and free 2nd day delivery . should be here wed.  my christmas present to me .  definitely will keep you posted , may use them all year . really nice l.e.d.'s
It would have been about $22 less on their website I think, but either way you will be very happy. I am so glad I made the switch to led from HID and T5. I've only had mine about a month so as long as they last I will be very happy. Report back with how you like them. Cheers

Build your own.
The whole fruiting and Veg grow stuff doesn't concern Peppers.
Sales crap for other stuff.

Peppers like from 400nm - 670nm in general.
I use a LUX meter to mesure LM.
My shelves are WELL over 35,000 Lux(sunlight).
I do use vertical  and Horizontal light on my shelves.
I use THOUSANDS of LEDS in from 5mm - stars.
As I said,MY grow is MY grow.
A LOT of LED stuff on the net is BS from Vendors.
Pure crap!
Other stuff is from Pot grow sites , that since peppers AREN'T light specific,means little.
I only know what MY grow and lighting does.
The only light source I know of that puts out close to the same PLANT specific NM,and watt per Lumin is T 5 Fluoros.
Depends on what tube you buy.

For MY grow,LEDS can't be beat.

smokemaster said:
Build your own.
The whole fruiting and Veg grow stuff doesn't concern Peppers.
Sales crap for other stuff.

Peppers like from 400nm - 670nm in general.
I use a LUX meter to mesure LM.
My shelves are WELL over 35,000 Lux(sunlight).
I do use vertical  and Horizontal light on my shelves.
I use THOUSANDS of LEDS in from 5mm - stars.
As I said,MY grow is MY grow.
A LOT of LED stuff on the net is BS from Vendors.
Pure crap!
Other stuff is from Pot grow sites , that since peppers AREN'T light specific,means little.
I only know what MY grow and lighting does.
The only light source I know of that puts out close to the same PLANT specific NM,and watt per Lumin is T 5 Fluoros.
Depends on what tube you buy.

For MY grow,LEDS can't be beat.
Thanks for the simplified information. It does get confusing when searching sites. A page or two of sales pitch. I'm still using some old T12's. I have a 400 hps, but for what I need, the T12's do good. No overheating issues. I just like the compact of led's. Easier for me to water and again no overheating issues.

Thanks again for sharing.

Chuck

LEDs work for me:-) I did my homework before I chuck out over $700 for my led panel.
That was a few years ago. I think the price has come down a little.
Mine is 290 watts is suppose to cover a 3x3 area.
I will be starting a new grow here soon with it in a 4x4 tent,see his that goes may need to add cfls.

There are a lot of led panels out there,just do your homework
See if any have documenting grows etc.
Mine is a spectra 290 and they did have a few bad panels which
Sunk the company. But at one time they made badass panels,I'm one of the lucky few
Who got a good panel the does what was advertised.

Back