• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Who will be the first to grow the Naga Viper...

looked like the red pod he wasnt chewing it and then lent forward and with his right hand droped it out of his mouth, to me it looks like tabby says , play acting , watch it in slow motion.

Okay i think its fair after seeing a few of you discount my reaction to the "Naga Viper" that i should at least get a chance to defend myself. I DO NOT play act, i simply cannot handle hot stuff that well, thats the POINT, sure there are plenty of others who have tried it and gone "wow thats hot" and thats great, but thats not me! I have strong reactions to these things and for me that what its all about. I'm not a "professional" pepper taster nor have i ever claimed to be, i'm an UNBIASED reviewer of hot products, plain and simple, i do this for fun and to show how said pepper or product would affect the common person (ie someone not used to extreme heat), nothing else. Finally, when i leant forward i spat out ALOT of saliva, had i kept it in my mouth i wouldn't have been able to talk at all, trust me, i WISH i had have spat the chilli out, then i possibly would'nt have vomited the way i did!
With all that addressed i have been talking to Neil from THSC and he has kindly sent me not only a bottle of "Skobiyan" to review but also some dried Butch T pods to test as well, and i'm genuinely scared after opening the bag and taking a whiff lol so watch this space :)

I think people will not care about getting Naga Viper seeds now that Butch T has it beat. Butch T is a more stable strain too.

Naga vipers are magical 3 way hybrids(actually impossible) so seeds will not grow true. Everybody's plants will be different so in my opinion there is no point even giving this cross a name or giving it unneccessary hype until it becomes a true breeding stable variety. If you like to play around with dehybridizing for many years, or if you like growing random plants, then this may be a good choice to grow. Otherwise I certainly would not recommend these, or any of Gerald's special B.S. peppers

Okay i think its fair after seeing a few of you discount my reaction to the "Naga Viper" that i should at least get a chance to defend myself. I DO NOT play act, i simply cannot handle hot stuff that well, thats the POINT, sure there are plenty of others who have tried it and gone "wow thats hot" and thats great, but thats not me! I have strong reactions to these things and for me that what its all about. I'm not a "professional" pepper taster nor have i ever claimed to be, i'm an UNBIASED reviewer of hot products, plain and simple, i do this for fun and to show how said pepper or product would affect the common person (ie someone not used to extreme heat), nothing else. Finally, when i leant forward i spat out ALOT of saliva, had i kept it in my mouth i wouldn't have been able to talk at all, trust me, i WISH i had have spat the chilli out, then i possibly would'nt have vomited the way i did!
With all that addressed i have been talking to Neil from THSC and he has kindly sent me not only a bottle of "Skobiyan" to review but also some dried Butch T pods to test as well, and i'm genuinely scared after opening the bag and taking a whiff lol so watch this space :)

Having sat next to this guy wen we reviewed Cajohns Mongoose together I can and will vouch for this guy. Watching the way he reacts to the chilli that I cook (and before the argument starts it has to have beans in it). I would say that Darth's reaction to the viper was indeed 100% genuine. Dudes what are we like we are totally blowing this out of all proportion and forgetting the spirit in which this was done. Darth (My self included) arn't out there to rip you off. We do not come affiliated to any company etc etc. If we did we would be in breach of the T & C's we all signed when we joined the forum. Up until now I found this place full of friends that was willing to lend a hand and give advice. reading this thread genuinely disappoints me that you all would single out some one and bully them.

Arn't we all supposed to be adults here?????

Adults are just kids grown tall :rofl:

I should say I don't really have an opinion on this matter. I personally wouldn't stick one of those in my mouth! Just the smell of a Habanero gives me hiccups and I get a wash of fear remembering when I tried one last time. I have instead decided to build up a tolerance and resistance to chillies over the next decade or so before I'll go chomping on superhots again.
But if you want to make a statement then eat another one on camera and post it. Rather you than me :mouthonfire:

Well you never know whats in the pipe line. but there's an old saying we tend to use over here. and that "He who laughs last laughs the longest" Watch this space LMAO..

quit bickering and get back on subject....

If you cross two hybrids, every seed will be unique. Every plant grown out of those will be unique and have unique pods.

You need to clone the plant.

Or you need to backcross until the plant is completely homozygous so seed will come true to plant. Or you need to inbreed two plants and cross that. Then you have F1 hybrids, which are all the same.

two would be simple as opposed to a three way cross...as Potawie points out in his post...

Naga vipers are magical 3 way hybrids(actually impossible) so seeds will not grow true. Everybody's plants will be different so in my opinion there is no point even giving this cross a name or giving it unneccessary hype until it becomes a true breeding stable variety. If you like to play around with dehybridizing for many years, or if you like growing random plants, then this may be a good choice to grow. Otherwise I certainly would not recommend these, or any of Gerald's special B.S. peppers

I'm with you on this one...4 years ago, I would have been clamoring for this variety....but you live and you learn...remember me bying the "Diablo Negro" off ebay?.... :rofl:

Back