• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Who's up for a gusher challenge?

Well I completed the challenge but probably didn't make it to the 7 minute mark. Maybe 3 minutes lol. I wanted to use my new camcorder but it hadn't been delivered yet soI had to use the camera on my phone and it kept shutting the video off and had to wait a couple minutes in between so it would record again. Sorry about that. Anyways I ended up having to swirl milk around in my mouth for about 10 minutes which tasted like it was curdling in my mouth. Then I had to lay in the shower with the hot water splashing on my stomach and after about 25 minutes of that I was ok sorta. Pex's killer swarm is hot as heck by itself and I haven't eaten a full superhot like that since last fall. The pepper was huge and friggin hot...I thought I was going to do a lot better than I did lol. I don't really know why I did it. Not much thinking was involved, I just did it really lol. Definitely won't be doing this again cause I have no need to prove myself etc unless there is some type of prize involved haha. Anyways here are some vids of Garret trying to kill me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trDpephYaIQ

Sm1nts2escape said:
Well I completed the challenge but probably didn't make it to the 7 minute mark. Maybe 3 -6 minutes lol.

Nicely done..... BUT... Just to be clear, what you did is THE SAUCY GUSHER (still a rough one), but not to be confused with THE PASTY GUSHER  (seen here)  :) 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xupb-U84xGg
Also.... Are we the only ones that suffer ill effects on these things?  I usually puke within an hour or two when I do this stupid crap, and Zac usually suffers hours of cramps.  Not too many others report the aftermath.  I feel it's important for people to realize that this stuff is not done without consequence. 

(I guess it could just be us?)

oCaveman said:

Also.... Are we the only ones that suffer ill effects on these things?  I usually puke within an hour or two when I do this stupid crap, and Zac usually suffers hours of cramps.  Not too many others report the aftermath.  I feel it's important for people to realize that this stuff is not done without consequence. 

I think there are very few that are dim enough to try this hahaha. And most that do probably have some macho man complex so they never show or report the after effects lol. I will say this challenge whooped me but I made out without puking and was able to get some sleep that night. I did have to deal with about an hours worth of cramps though. Tums and milk is key whendealing with eating a whole super or crazy challenges like this... Thanks to PexPeppers for letting me suffer...
ikeepfish said:
lmfao the background music is perfect :rofl:

once your fingers started twitching I knew it was ON lol
Yes the finger twitching is when my throat was on fire and I was contemplating on spitting it back up lol.

oCaveman said:

I got abdominal cramps briefly from that gusher for about an hour, maybe two hours, it hit me in the middle of the night.  I've never puked from capsaicin though...I'm thinking that might change when I finally buy that Pure Evil.  I say it all the time, Butch T's give me back cramps...I don't know why.

Cool that you have a challenge buddy too, I now have one and he's adamant about trying the pasty gusher and he also wants to try horking some reaper powder now that he saw hogleg's vid XD.  I won't be doing the snorting, sorry guys. I maced myself with some Primo powder once...I opened the coffee grinder and saw a fine brimstone puff fill the air, cursed eloquently in six languages and tried to no avail to get away fast enough...I had boiling tears of lava flowing out of my eyes and nose for two hours and could hear the dark angels calling my name.  It was brutal.

ikeepfish said:
I got abdominal cramps briefly from that gusher for about an hour, maybe two hours, it hit me in the middle of the night.  I've never puked from capsaicin though...I'm thinking that might change when I finally buy that Pure Evil.  I say it all the time, Butch T's give me back cramps...I don't know why.

First time I tried a Brain strain pepper (which, incidentally was the first super that I tried), my back hurt for like 20 min.

oCaveman said:

No, it is not just you by a long stretch. In fact, I believe 100% of people eating whole superhots suffer some effects.

If I get bad effects I like to put "The Aftermath Report" at the end of reviews. Saying that, I`ve only ever puked once, after eating a Red Butch T X Douglah F4 followed an hour later by a Brown Butch T x Douglah F4. I was high as a kite for 2 hours before throwing up. 

I do get cramps sometimes, but not so bad normally. I drink a concoction before and after to help with that and I put the recipe up on THP last year sometime. 

Back