• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

chinense Why are my yellow bhuts hotter than my red savina habs and my 7 pots?

My yellow bhuts seem hotter than my 7 pots and red savinas. I thought maybe the 7 pots were just not as hot as they're suppose to be until my friend who routinely eats habs ate one. Within 3 minutes he was crying and ran outside to throw up! Is it possible for a yellow bhut to get that hot? Not from what I've read.

from what i gather there are a few factors involved that dictate the cap content

soil fertility,temp, rain fall,soil ph and a few other so it woiuld not surprise me

im not an expert

thanks your friend Joe

:welcome:

Yellow Bhut's should generally be hotter than Red Savina's (by quite a bit). I haven't grown 7 pots till this season but apart from Douglahs and Brain Strains they probably hover around the same level as yellow BJ's (correct?). As Ajijoe said too, cap content is variable.

So far this past week I've eaten a yellow bhut, red savina and a 7 pot (in that order), thinking I was starting at the least hot and moving up. I think I ate the hottest one first. I still have naga morich and Trinidad scorpion to eat. What order would be eating these 5 peppers from least to greatest heat?

IMO...Savina < 7 pot < Bhut = Morich < Scorp...and yes, the Bhut is hotter than a standard Red 7 Pot but the 7 Pot tastes so much better

in my humble opinion of ur 5 peppers from least to hottest red savina, yeloow bhut, trinidad scorpion, red 7pot, naga morich, @ least that has been my experience w/ the plants im growing, then the bhut jolokia is about the same as the naga morich, though I like the flavor of naga better, but my jonahs and barrackpores seem hotter and have a much better flavor than the bhuts just my opinion.

Back