• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Why aren't my ghost pepper hot???

It's the man's right to charge how much he likes. you don't have to buy from him. it is wrong though to sell "the world's hottest" (never mind it isn't anymore) and supply people with different chiles. another thing is the picture used in his Trinidad Scorpion page... it looks awfully familiar. I'm 99% certain it was taken from someone on this board.

It's the man's right to charge how much he likes. you don't have to buy from him. it is wrong though to sell "the world's hottest" (never mind it isn't anymore) and supply people with different chiles. another thing is the picture used in his Trinidad Scorpion page... it looks awfully familiar. I'm 99% certain it was taken from someone on this board.

That's true, it's frustrating that people get suckered in to giving sellers like this their money rather than the fine folks around here though. :(
That pictures does look very familiar!

You know what is common with people that charge high costs but have low overheads? They charge high because it's it only way to get a profit when you have no returning customers due to bad product or service.

I can many sites using the same Trinidad Scorpion pod image on a Google image search. Some even sneakily rotated the pod 90°. Even the photo of the seeds turns up in an image search elsewhere.

Thanks all!!! That was the only site I could find when I did a google search last December. Arghhh... I can't believe I got ripped off and it's been so long I can't even argue fir a refund :0**( I'll check out the sites y'all recommended. Bumped. Have to wait till next year to grow them again. Thanks so much y'all for helping me out. Hey Arijer if you don't mind sending me a seed or two I'll appreciate that very much. :0D

Thanks all!!! That was the only site I could find when I did a google search last December. Arghhh... I can't believe I got ripped off and it's been so long I can't even argue fir a refund :0**( I'll check out the sites y'all recommended. Bumped. Have to wait till next year to grow them again. Thanks so much y'all for helping me out. Hey Arijer if you don't mind sending me a seed or two I'll appreciate that very much. :0D

PM me, I have think I have some space bhut jolokia. I might have some other extras too. :) I ordered way more than I can grow and considering how much you got screwed, I'm thinking I'll send you a few Butch T's too. I can't guarantee they are what they claim to be as I'm only starting my indoor garden, but they at least seem to be honest sellers at decent prices.

They BOTH including instructions for growing in their packaging, not an extra $10 just to access some secret area of common knowledge.

Sorry you got screwed, there's a topic in here for reliable sellers. I've been screwed for a tens of thousands, be thankful yours was itty bitty.

ehh... I guess it's at the top of this forum!

Now... I'm not going to condone anything here, but.... check out a few vulnerabilities in his site... The host itself will get you screwed, but if you live outside the US and are bored.......

"Q. How you you stop your mouth from burning ?
A. You can fill your mouth with sour cream, ice cream bread and milk".

All at the same time?

I love this... He's apparently a rapid rooter salesman too!

"Rapid rooter Starter Plugs and Mats reduce germination time to 10 days !!!!
Normaly ghost pepper seeds take 6-8 weeks to hatch"

The english isn't crafted all that well, so you should know what to expect. It is entirely possible that he started with ebay or amazon seed and is now spreading it as "the real deal." Perhaps he is unaware that his seed is not true due to little or no research.

Not to mention, his website is straight out on the 90's. 20 seeds for $9.99 at the time of writing this.

The testimonials page is HILLARIOUS.

crazyhot said:
Hi everyone,

I'm from Northern Florida (Panhandle FLorida)and I have a ghost pepper plant (new to growing any type of plant/fruit). It produce 16 large pepper but not even spicy or hot. It taste like sweet bell pepper! Can some tell me what i'm doing wrong?? It's been hot as usually in Florida and it hasn't rain alot either but I'd water the plant twice a day (if not the leaves wilt) and made sure it had plenty of sunlight!!! Please help me out!! I've search the web like crazy and still cannot find an answer! I read on one website that to be careful of cross pollination and I do have a jalapeno plant that is across the yard (I made sure to keep it far away as possible) but will that effect the spiciness of my ghost pepper plant?? Also on another website it states not to water the plant to much and to keep in the sunlight which I have already done. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?? PLEASE HELP ME!!!!! Thanks in advance =o)
Same question here. I had over twenty pods. Yellow ghost peppers and none were overall spicy. I blamed it on over watering. Daily at grist then every other day. Beautiful plant but no heat whatsoever.

Back