• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Why I love Manzanos

^ Those are beautiful, Mike!  I sure hope I can get some to fruit in Ohio.  I'll be trying next year (thank you!).

Thanks. It hasn't been too hot here in Portland, mostly in the 80s recently. I'll hold out hope for some September pod action.

Now there`s some real pubescens growing! Really awesome stuff and beautiful varieties, Smokemaster. Or is it Manzanomaster?!?!?!?

A Mexican Market about 15 min. walk up the street.

http://vallartasupermarkets.com/en/departments/produce

I grow out the seeds.
I only buy the pods that are over 3 1/2 in long and or tall or stuff that looks cool.

The pods are either from Guatemala or Northern California.Depends on the season.
They have them year round.
They range from $8.00-$10.00LB.
Some sales of semi crap pods are from $2.00-$4.00 LB.

Dino pods-over 3 1/2 inches up to 4+ in.

Twins

Dino pod

Dino

Knife has a 3 inch blade,4 or 4 1/2 handle..
Nice pod.
Dino stack cost $50.00 and change...

Very cool we don't have much of a selection here but organic markets have more peppers than regular markets but no manzanos

Nightshade said:
Very cool we don't have much of a selection here but organic markets have more peppers than regular markets but no manzanos
Some Mexican stores sometimes have red ones mixed with the yellow ones. I go to the one on Cheyenne and Civic center.

Not huge but they're pretty thick and they're still red.

20130711_195528.jpg

, Walter

Made 25+ lbs of smoked Manzano Powder,have 28 or so to grind...
Then I have several other pepper varieties to grind,about another 15-20 lbs....

If the mites don't attack,the manzanos are starting to bud again.

smokemaster said:

Made 25+ lbs of smoked Manzano Powder,have 28 or so to grind...
Then I have several other pepper varieties to grind,about another 15-20 lbs....

If the mites don't attack,the manzanos are starting to bud again.

Do you sell your manzano powder?  If so, pm me, I would like to try it.

Thanks Vegas. whole foods at town square has a farmers market on Fridays and they have really nice peppers there. The whole foods carries Thai peppers

Nightshade said:
Thanks Vegas. whole foods at town square has a farmers market on Fridays and they have really nice peppers there. The whole foods carries Thai peppers
I gotta check it out sometime. I'm good with peppers right now. Maybe if they still have that market open later in the season.

Any specific type of peppers? Or just thai?

, Walter

They say they have thais bonnets and other stuff. The market looked like it had red jalapenos, Jimmy nardellos?, and a couple others

Back