vendor Wicked Mike's peppers this guy ROCKS

Just received my order from Mike first off one of the nicest guys I ever met!
The box I received was jam packed with GOODIES! Thanks Mike.
Aside from the great collection of seeds and fantastic pods which are delicious as well as Hot!! I received a great spice powder love the flavor will be posting a new rub recipe with it as the star!! Then a package of brown Morugas that are crazy hot. As well as hickory smoked Fresno peppers that are going in my next ferment. And last but not least his spicy sunshine state syrup WOW WOW WOW is all I can say! Thanks again Mike and THP for supplying us with not only fantastic know how for are addiction but great vendors to help keep us well stalked :) AGAIN MIKE YOU ROCK!!
2chp5hh.jpg

TNKS said:
How do you reach this guy to order?
Is he normally slow to answer pm's here?

sirex said:
Mike is slammed with orders. He put out an ad here and said the reply was astounding. I don't believe he expected as many orders as he is getting.

He will respond here. Sometimes it might take a message or two.

He also has a Facebook page with a phone number on it. I've never called it before but if there is no reply here I'd hit that number up for sure.

Mikes a real good guy I know he's not ignoring you on purpose. He also mentors kids besides his full time job so I know he's swamped.

Send him another message. Wait a day and then call him.

I'm normally fast on the draw. My bad, man. My day job is in the ornamental plant business and our busy time of year is in the spring; everyone in the northeastern US orders plants and trees at once. The upshot is that we're short, so I've been loading enormous palm trees on semis 45 hours a week, and scrambling to keep up with plants and boxes and whatnot. All of which would be fine, but I have a real shortcoming when it comes to managing communications on THP, Facebook, email, texts, etc. Every once in a while, I open a message late at night meaning to respond in the morning and lose track of it.

Anyway, sorry I missed this.
sirex said:
gYGgLLJ.jpg

Not everything with a stinger is a reaper. Scorpions have stingers as well. But scorpions also look like a scruched up bell to me. Reapers should also be really bumpy. Scary looking .

The Yellow Brainstrains and Peach Bhuts are pretty easy to spot. The red ones that are shaped like a top are Butch T's. The gnarly, bumpy looking pods are Morugas or Reapers; Morugas tend to be blockier (or as Rex put it, "like a scrunched up bell"). The majority of my Reapers tend to have a pretty pronounced stinger; I try not to send out the ones that don't, which are often the smaller pods formed when the plant has a heavy load of peppers already ripening..

Placed an order with WM Monday. He got back with me within 24 hours and I got notice that my SFRB was put in the mail this morning. Top notch communication considering how busy he is with his work and community service stuff! I'm excited to bite into the peppers being delivered. Kudos, Mike!

Thanks to all. Plants are pushing out more as we speak. Will have a few new varieties this coming week.

Just wanted to put this out there so no one's unnecessarily worried: the whitish residue you're seeing on the pods is calcium from the irrigation. I haven't sprayed my fruiting plants in months.

6E1XRpQ.jpg

My SFRB came in today. I asked my niece to open the box and send me a picture of the evil inside. WOW is all I can say. WM does it again with GREAT quality pods. Pictured here are Peach Bhuts, Aji Pineapples, and Inca Red Drops. He even sent me a packet of Yellow 7 Pot Brainstrain seeds! Kudos sir, you not only made my day, but got my niece to say, "Gag!!" as she opened the box with gloved hands.

Received my boxes from WM today - wowza! The boxes were absolutely stuffed full of gorgeous pods AND 3 packets of seeds!

Being a complete greenhorn to most things pepper, can anyone help I.D. these representative samples so I don't inadvertently bite into something I'm not quite ready for?

Thanks a million WM! Awesome!

imAcFXYh.jpg

Glad to see that my issue with USPS delivering wilted pods last week was an isolated incident, and that everyone's enjoying this as much as I am.

TeamDub said:
Received my boxes from WM today - wowza! The boxes were absolutely stuffed full of gorgeous pods AND 3 packets of seeds!

Being a complete greenhorn to most things pepper, can anyone help I.D. these representative samples so I don't inadvertently bite into something I'm not quite ready for?

Thanks a million WM! Awesome!

imAcFXYh.jpg
From left to right: Ají Cito (at ~100k SHUs, the hottest known baccatum variety, but the mildest of the pods pictured), 7 Pot Douglah, Red Bhut Jolokia, Jay's Peach Ghost Scorpion, and 7 Pot Brainstrain Yellow.

Back