favorite Wild Varieties-What is your favorite

There's a friend that has a cumari do para that came out different. We don't even know if it's normal.

The leaves have teeth and the flower seems kinda odd, but somehow it does look like a capasicum flower. Any thoughts?

IMG-20131101-WA0001.jpg

IMG-20131101-WA0028.jpg

IMG-20131101-WA0022.jpg

-Walter

Vegas_Chili said:
There's a friend that has a cumari do para that came out different. We don't even know if it's normal.

The leaves have teeth and the flower seems kinda odd, but somehow it does look like a capasicum flower. Any thoughts?

IMG-20131101-WA0001.jpg

IMG-20131101-WA0028.jpg

IMG-20131101-WA0022.jpg

-Walter

The leaf structure and flower closely resemble a weed that I've seen in the garden spread via bird droppings.

harry said:

The leaf structure and flower closely resemble a weed that I've seen in the garden spread via bird droppings.
Agreed. This is not a pepper but a very close relative, a nightshade. Can be highly toxic so watch it.

Vegas_Chili said:

IMG-20131101-WA0001.jpg

IMG-20131101-WA0028.jpg

IMG-20131101-WA0022.jpg

-Walter
Nightshade of some description, possibly Solanum carolinense. Did the seeds your friend use come from the eastern USA?

Spicegeist said:
It's probably Solanum nigrum.
Confirmed, I saw pics on Google. A Brazilian forum member sent them to him, the guy also disappeared. He doesn't answer to PM's or anything.

Thanks for the replies!

-Walter

Nice Photo's every one, the lanceolatum, flexuosum, tovarii and galapagoense are very interesting,  I know I left two or three out, not on purpose though,
I know that there are some other Rare Brazilian pepper species out there some still to inter our forum. I've tried growing a couple of them, but the only luck I have had, has been with the Cardenasii and Praetermissum,  some of them can grow very tall in just one season, I have a small cardenasii that i grew this year I cut it back along with the praetermissum, both the plants are now resting for the winter along side my super hots that I dug up and repotted.
Good Luck everyone.
George

Back