• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

favorite Wild Varieties-What is your favorite

Pr0digal_son said:
Caxixe

27958252714_da83281fbe_b.jpg

Loving it
28577776526_e682268d91_b.jpg

Not sure what I'm doing wrong..lol but my tovarii tree is huge, tons of flowers, been flowering for a month now and refuses to set any pods.

I have only grown CAP1478,never tried 1487. Weird that any C.Praetermissum isn't hot. Maybe you are eating too many supers!!!

Maybe overwinter the tovarii or scrap it all together and try a new source. I have been lucky and had productive plants every season I have tried them. Should be producing a ton of pollen??? I have had issues photographing anthers due to so much pollen.

Hi Trent,

Peter is a good source for getting started with wilds.  I am awaiting an order from him this week.  Fast shipping as you encountered.  I think you are going to enjoy growing wild peppers!  I grew the Praet  you purchased this year.  It is undescribed as to CGN or CAP number, but It is a prolific plant.  Below is my Cap Praet. from Semillas.  Enjoy the wilds, you are well on your way!

OLgRhbvl.jpg

I was reading a few of the old posts & realized I have not seen any postings by 'WILDSEED57'   recently,his  last sign   in  was 4/16.
I know he had health issues ,wonder if anyone has any update?Thanks.

Where does one get the seeds for these? I was wanting to take a stab at tovarii and fribugense (the flowers are purty) but I'm not finding any with simple google searches.

Thewalkingpepper, I think about 1 million people wish for a shot at C. friburgense. lol.  It is not available as it is a protected variety under Brazilian plant laws.  It truly is an amazing flower based on photos.

C. tovarii is available through many hobby growers now.

Chris

Back