• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

will it change shape?

I have a chocolate Trinidad scorpion that's starting to pod up and I'm curious what's going on here. Will the pod change shape and get fatter, puff up at the top and look more like the other scorpions I've seen on here?

CAM00597_zps23280460.jpg

meinchoh said:
They vary greatly. Let her ripen and she won't disappoint!  :)
Hahahahaha! That's totally believable! I picked my first ripe naga morich yesterday and chopped up half of it and put it in spaghetti! Its was hot as hell. Lol!

Here's a couple I'm gonna pick this week after they tureen fully red.
CAM00592_zpsfbe10a60.jpg

Justaguy said:
Looks more bhutish to me, if i had to pick between the two.
Was wondering if it wasn't crossed. There's a couple other funky looking pods but she's just about to go into full blown flowering real soon so we will see.

meinchoh said:
Beautiful Naga's you got going on there, too!
The plant (actually all my big plants) have had a rough time. They all looked way better and bushier before. I lost a lot of lower leaves after hardening off then we got hit by frost mothers day. There bouncing back nicely tho! There's new growth all over the place.

Peppers (and all plants) do odd things sometimes... here is a pic of one of my Jalapenos from last year that decided it wanted to look like a mini purple bell...  Stress, cold weather, etc... during pollination can cause some odd shaped fruits to form...

Back