• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Will Pro-mix only work ?

I would recommend throwing in some pearlite to help it drain. Other than that, it will work with a good feeding regimen. There are no nutes in the soil, so you are going to want to use either a liquid or granular fert, as well as some micro additives. Fish fert works well if it has a decent NPK, and use another micro food to work in as well.

Ok thanks for the tip

is there a certain micro additive you would recommend ? Also I'm using promix bx and alaska fish fertilizer I also have a bag of espoma plant-tone in my garage

that will work all fine, i use pro-mix hp myself. I did add some cocco fiber in it to help retain the water for the fla heat.

Also, epsom salt and water and spray your plants 1x every other week will help them also.

metromix (similar to promix) and plant-tone is my standard pot up. i then feed with fish fertilizer and liquid seaweed.

Don't add any perlite. TRUST ME...Pro Mix BX drains plenty good enough. I WOULD add the Plant Tone when you put it in the pot. I usually use Tomato Tone when I pot up. MGOLD was right when he said there are no nutes in the soil. It's one of the reasons why a bunch of us use it. It allows us to feed our plants what WE want to feed it. (Gives us better control.)
Just mix the Plant Tone into the soil when you pot up, apply the fish emulsion once every other week or so, and alternate epsom salt between those weeks, and you should do just fine. You'll grow some nice plants!

While I am not great at container gardening I second the Pro-mix and plant tone. The pro-mix may be a bit annoying to find but lowes and home depot usually carry plant tone.

Back