• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Wilted still

My buddy doesn't plan to keep all of his Caribbean Red Hab plants so I adopted one. He dug it out at 2 PM but I wasn't able to get it picked up until 5 pm. When I got there it was very wilted looking but I just assumed it was a little dry. I gave it some good water and later on it seemed to look healthier. Yesterday it looked really wilted again. Last night though it to looked healthier again. Does it need to just get some shade maybe?
I am still very new to growing and I really want it to live!

Thank for reading folks!!

normal for pepper plants to wilt in the heat of the day, if they don't spring back in the evenings then there's a problem. Digging a plant up at 2 in the afternoon isn't a great idea either.....better to wait till the sun isn't so high. If it is very hot where you live then the plant would enjoy some shade....

Digging up a plant is also traumatic on it
You need to give it several days to recover. Depending on the severity of the root damage, might be longer. Simple tlc is key. Dont feed full strength fertilizer and don't over water.

Shade it for a couple days. Give the roots time to acclimate. Might need to trim back some plant material so the damaged roots don't have to work so hard.

Forgot to mention that as well. Good call, my bad.

Ok so here is what I've done for today.

Got the dead leaves off ( snails and aphid issue)
Sprayed the plant to get rid of the issue.

Put them where they likely won't get any sunlight but are still outside.

They have been watered well also.

If I need to prune them a bit I will. The big ripe habs are all at the bottom anyway. Dark dark orange and pretty looking.

Thanks everyone for all your help.
I was getting sad thinking I might lose these babies. I know I'm not out of the woods yet but it's a good start towards recovery.

9rQPVJP.jpg

They look sad and droopy. I am not trying to be impatient. I just want to make sure they live.

Is there anything you can do to increase the humidity in the room?  That will slightly slow the dehydration.

In any event, the plant may wind up dropping quite a few more leaves.  You must have pissed it off quite well when digging it up.  ;)

MM2LRdE.jpg

As of today they have the very wilted look still.

Wu1md6J.jpg

A lot of the leaves also have these spots all over them. I have been finding snails on the leaves. Really gotta get that issue fixed as well.

Also saw a few random insects. This one was rather interesting.
KDWa6xi.jpg

Doesn't look like an ordinary fly and it is latched on for dear life. Obviously could just be a random dead insect.

Sorry for being a pain folks. I'm sure I'm overreacting but I bet most or all of you did as well when first starting out. Thanks again folks.

Back