• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

Win!

The tricky bit about the easemnet is that it is city property/homeowners responsibility. It is our civic duty to keep it mowed and presentable- but whatever is in it is actually city property. i.e. if there is a tree already there- you cant cut it down- its city property. If they want to plant a tree there- they can plant anything they want. If they are not planting trees there and you want a tree there- get permission (from the city and the utilities) but buy it yourself. If they decide they want to do something different with the easement, they can tear out whatever you have done and do it. Which is why most of us dont. It just happens that the city is not currently doing anything to our easemnets- but if it came to that, they could rip out his stuff- or order him to. I wouldnt have spent my money to landscape city property- honestly.

The tricky bit about the easemnet is that it is city property/homeowners responsibility. It is our civic duty to keep it mowed and presentable- but whatever is in it is actually city property. i.e. if there is a tree already there- you cant cut it down- its city property. If they want to plant a tree there- they can plant anything they want. If they are not planting trees there and you want a tree there- get permission (from the city and the utilities) but buy it yourself. If they decide they want to do something different with the easement, they can tear out whatever you have done and do it. Which is why most of us dont. It just happens that the city is not currently doing anything to our easemnets- but if it came to that, they could rip out his stuff- or order him to. I wouldnt have spent my money to landscape city property- honestly.

Why does none of that surprise me?

....I hate micromanagement from the government.

/QUOTE
Why does none of that surprise me?

....I hate micromanagement from the government. /UNQUOTE

But it isn't. With your property, you can do whatever you want with landscaping- as long as you're not growing 'weeds' There are places in the county where the govt can dictate exactly what you can plant.

Yes that is a tricky-bit with them owning it but you take care of it, but if they don't like it, then it's all this-that-and-everything.... and whatever you do, don't get all chippy-in-you-slippers------

Paulky probably said it best..... there's one in every neighborhood, you just got stuck next to him!

Your yard is cared for, so is his. Different tastes...different styles.

Let's just hope he will someday realize there is more to the world than vanilla..........

And in the meantime....keep that bubblegum pink spray paint handy! ( I suppose it's too late to blame such a prank on graduation night antics???)

Maybe he is mad because you don't have any retaining walls. Celeste, if I ever come to St Louis again, I will build you a retaining wall around your coral berry. :lol:

Paulky nailed it, there is one in every neighborhood. From the age of five to the age of 18 I lived next door to him. Celeste just give him a wink and a smile when he starts his act and walk away. It's obvious the man enjoys attention so if you don't give it to him I'm sure that would hurt him more than anything you could say.

I do like the terracing but the lions are too big. Downsize 'em by half and have them laying down and you might have a winner.

Good luck Celeste.

Even the city inspectors have said to me "Oh, you have one of THOSE neighbors." But now that I have actually got contacts in the city, and have shown I am reasonable and willing to work with them- it takes away his ability to cause me damage. I wouldnt care what he thought at all if it wasnt getting me citations.

I just had to prove to the city that I wanted to play by the rules.

Thats why the thread is entitled "Win!" :)

Back