• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Windchicken 2016

For the last couple of years my season has finished up after the subsequent season had already started…I sowed my 2016 seeds last Saturday, but my 2015 Chile Manzano are just now bearing ripe fruit, 3 days later. Is it worth waiting over a year after sowing to get ripe fruit from these plants? HELLZ TO THE YEAH!!! Only the best chile in the world!!!

Manzano_Jan12.jpg

These are the hit of the neighborhood, Gary!  
A thousand thanks; the pods are gorgeous   :flamethrower:

I'm thinking of some kind of jam or sauce. I
put 12 in the freezer for when I decide what
to do.

Thanks again, my friend!

PaulG said:
These are the hit of the neighborhood, Gary!  
A thousand thanks; the pods are gorgeous   :flamethrower:

I'm thinking of some kind of jam or sauce. I
put 12 in the freezer for when I decide what
to do.

Thanks again, my friend!

Wow, thanks PG!!!  :dance:

Trident chilli said:
Wow those are really special ... Gary your the green fingered man!

Thanks John!

Spicegeist said:

Very nice.  Are these your favorite Jalapeno variety?

Thanks Charles! Yes...Since I received my first Zapotec seeds from Beth Boyd, back in the day, I have grown no other... :P

Wow where do i start ?
Amazing glog Gary and you sure have the natural touch with peppers dude :dance: always nice to see your Bonda Mahala doing well and really looking forward to planting seed you sent me last season :D

your p.dreadie are absolute stunners dude, and some of the best pods i have seen, all that good soil Gary :clap: , glad to see you just been hooked up with Matthews Wartryx there awesome pods , nice flavour and heat.

Be proud of what you have achieved again this season and a huge high 5 for the memorial grow in memory  of Erin . RESPECT !

Superhot Sim said:
Wow where do i start ?
Amazing glog Gary and you sure have the natural touch with peppers dude :dance: always nice to see your Bonda Mahala doing well and really looking forward to planting seed you sent me last season :D

your p.dreadie are absolute stunners dude, and some of the best pods i have seen, all that good soil Gary :clap: , glad to see you just been hooked up with Matthews Wartryx there awesome pods , nice flavour and heat.

Be proud of what you have achieved again this season and a huge high 5 for the memorial grow in memory  of Erin . RESPECT !

Thanks so much Simmy! It's enthusiasm like that that keeps me going!!! Love ya dude, and thanks so much for growing Mahala Pepper and especially for building forest soil!!!

Cool weather pods, FINALLY! Only about 6 weeks later than usual, but I'll take it!

Bonda Mahala really comes into her own this time of year...What you see here is the payoff for 11 months of toil and care:

mahala2_nov12.jpg

The excellent, face-melting "Baby Barrackpore" variant of Spicegeist's Sonoran Chiltepin x 7 Pot Barrackpore. This 3-year-old plant is the only one in existence producing these particular pods. The entire next reaping is going to an expert breeding buddy, as I have been as yet unsuccessful in propagating this one:

baby_barrack_nov12.jpg

The wonderful Zapotec Jalapeño, original seeds from our beloved late Beth Boyd, who discovered this one in Oaxaca. I have grown this jal every year since Beth first sent me seeds all those years ago, and always will, the only jal I will ever sow:

zapotec_nov12.jpg

Bhut Orange Copenhagen, a.k.a. "BOC." If you call yourself a chile head, and you're not growing this one, what in the hell is wrong with you???  :P

BOC1_nov12.jpg

Back