• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Winter Grow 2012-2013

Hey,
I'm doing a winter grow and figured I would make a grow log for it.

The Seeds:
  • 4 x TS Morguna
  • 3 x Butch T
  • 3 x Naga Viper
  • 3 X Naga King
  • 4 X CAP1144
  • 2 x White Bhut's
  • 2 x Brain Strain Red
  • 2 x Brain Strain Yellow
  • 2 x 7POD Barrachpore
  • 2 x 7POD Burgundy
  • 2 x 7POD Primo
  • 2 x TS Douglah
Lighting:
  • 8 x 40W Floro's for Seedling (16 On/8 Off... Fan 30 minutes every 2 hours On/4 hours Off)
  • 400W MH/HPS for Medium Sized Plants (14 On/10 Off... Circ. fan 24/7)
  • 1000W HPS for Final Pots (14 On/10 Off... Circ. fan 24/7)
The Current closet setup:

Currently on heating pad in Jiffy Pellet/Ziploc bag. Once they sprout I''ll move them to the non-heated tray without the Ziploc bag.

2v0bxax.jpg

15mzpkj.jpg

Subscribe there will be plenty of updates.

--James

Seeds done soaking and planted in some soil in Ziploc's... lets see if we get better germ rates this way.

Also transplanted my 4 current seedlings into cups as well.

Update: 1 More new seedling (Primo - From Primo)

Group Shot
3522mi1.jpg

First Transplants
24vnnvc.jpg

Second Transplants + Primo
2quu6gz.jpg

New Seeds Planted in Dirt
2j0nuww.jpg

--James

Update Time Again.

Got a few more sprouts of Red Savina's (1 may not make it because of seed cap). Also I looks like some of my soaked seeds will be popping up soon. So far I'm waiting for atleast 1 Red Brain and C. [background=rgb(255, 244, 228)]lanceolatum to pop to end up with 1 of each. I also light burned a few plants (that's my guess at least) there is a pic below. The 9 plants that I transplanted first I have now put into there second pots as they already had roots all around the cup. The new pots where a little expensive ($3.50 each) but they are bottom water ones so shouldn't have any over water problems.[/background]

[background=rgb(255, 244, 228)]Top Shelf[/background][background=rgb(255, 244, 228)] [/background]

vdl4qh.jpg

Seedlings

2afx2q9.jpg

[background=rgb(255, 244, 228)]Bottom Shelf[/background]

3sdu0.jpg

Light Burn?

vmzkic.jpg

--James

Update: got 1 Brain Red (From Cappy) to sprout and 2 more sprout coming from the soil (1 Brain and 1 Primo). I wanted you opinion on this for a final pot:

http://www.sears.com...=1&blockType=G1

Its the same as the current pot

http://www.sears.com...=2&blockType=G2

but 3 times bigger. The current pot is 1 Gallon where the other is 3 gallon. I like the idea of bottom self water planters for the ease of watering and I think a 3 gallon would be better since i'm trying for 16 plants in a 6x6 area. thoughts? I would also like to confirm that the above pic is light burn... it hasn't worsened any after i moved the lights so I'm pretty sure that is what it is.

--James

Hey,
Update time again. I have transplanted 4 into 1G Pots and 3 into Cup. The transplants before are doing pretty good, the 3 light burned plants aren't growing as fast plus many a little transplant shock. But I think they will be ok as there is still new growth (just slower then the other plants).

Top Shelf
b46ibt.jpg

New Transplants
29bd3jn.jpg

Bottom Shelf
bg6a10.jpg

--James

10 plants under the light, that's nice. So neat and simple... I may try to grow just a few in 2013, but my plant breeding tendencies may inhibit this desire...

Good luck with things.

Thanks, they will be there probably be there for 3-4 more weeks then will move them under a 400W MH... once they get bigger will transplant them into there final 3G pot and go under a 1000W HPS.

Back