• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

overwintering Winter Pepper Planted :)

Hey,
Just got the rest of my pepper seeds today for winter and they planted. Below is what I have planted:

4 x TS Morguna
3 x Butch T
3 x Naga Viper
3 X Naga King
4 X CAP1144

The current setup is as follows: Seeds in jiffy pellets placed in a Ziploc bag for germination, Currently 4 x 40W 4' Floro's (will be 8 when they get big enough), and they are on a heating pad (well they are in the Ziplock.. once they sprout will move them off).

Lighting time is 16 on 8 off with 30 mins of fan every 2 hours well light is on and 30 minutes every 4 hours when off.

Once plants are bigger they will move to a 400W MH Bulb then a 400W HPS.... I don't expect 100% germination but if it does happen I got a 1000W HPS as well.

--James

Well figured if I was gonna run the 1000W why not plant more plants... lol... here is the others I added

2 x White Bhut's
2 x Brain Strain Red
2 x Brain Strain Yellow
2 x 7POD Barrachpore
2 x 7POD Burgundy
2 x 7POD Primo
2 x TS Douglah

Hoping for at least 1 of each :)

--James

Yep,,, the Ziploc bag help keep in the humidity and keeps the pellets from drying out well the seeds germinate on the heat mat. Once they sprout I remove them from the bag/heat mat and put them in another tray that is not heated.

Back