• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

overwintering Winter-Summer in OZ "Comparison" / Aussie Blabberers

Who will win?

• A muppet

Votes: 20 34.5%
  • A muppet

Votes: 15 25.9%
  • A muppet

Votes: 23 39.7%

• Total voters
I have used it for the whole process in hydro but last time I noticed a bit of a calcium defficiency, so might try something else when they get close to flowering. If in soil then yeah it's fine to use the whole way, but could become expensive if you only buy small bottles. If you are growing in soil there are probably cheaper nutrients to use or just make sure you have a good potting mix and give them a bit of seaweed etc every couple of weeks.

Well that will teach me for going to beautiful sunny exmouth for a couple of weeks. Now I will have to spend the next week reading through all the posts!

Hope everyone is doing well. It seems to be coming into spring over here so getting pretty excited.
Bring on the grow season!!!!

Micca

welcome back Micca , How was the drinking ... ohhh I mean fishing :beer: :hell:

Your're lucky its been quiet the last few days on here or otherwise you would have even more to catch up on.

Yeah the head definitely hurts. Anyone got a good liver they want to sell me? I think I have done mine in!
Lots of fish and lots of drinking so all was excellent.

Here is a teaser of what we caught
rimg04klk.jpg

Spanish Mackeral

Now back to the Chilli’s!

Micca

Cheers mate.

Man the size of the Sharks up there woooo some were as big as the boat(21ft) and rounder than a 44gallon drum :eek:
I'm glad I didn't fall in!

Micca

Awesome! Wait till I show Adam that pic. By the way he said you arent invited on the boat anymore after your comment! :lol: No he said next time he goes out you are welcome as he needs you to show him how to use the sounder properly.

No wonder you said you wouldnt swim back if sharks were that big! Did they come up near you or you just saw them from a distance?

We had one of those bloody sharks on for a while until he broke us off. My mate hooked him then gave it to me. I nearly had my arms pulled out of my sockets!
Also we had a BIG Spaniard that got munched by a huge Hammerhead that said thanks. Was pretty saddened by that one.

Tell Adam he needs someone to show him how to fish Hahahaha
Na don’t say that he might throw me overboard!
We’ll make a fisherman out of him yet :cool:

Micca

Nah show him the pic. I’m sure I’ll cop it from him but that’s all the fun of it!
We’ll have to go out and get a good one. I have a secret Dhufish spot up in 2 rocks that I might show him. :cool:

Micca

Hungarian hot wax:
Any here grown them?
I planted a lot because the orignial seeds were taking too long to germinate, and I didn't really care about them, just wanted to practice and run experiments on them before I got my super hots and chinense in August.
I think I have about 6 HHW seedlings now, well , had. They are a few weeks old and have a full set of true leaves, but I've lost 2 to damping off (I think anyway, wilts and rots at the soil line).
Strange to me as these aren't just small seedlings with just the cotyledons. I have them under a MH lamp at night, and out in the shaded sunlight & breeze during the day, only water them with a trigger spray every 2nd day.
So what's causing this?
Whatever it is I want to prevent it happening to my super hots that I can't afford to lose any of them, some I only have the one seedling growing.

Also damn, I need to get fresher seeds next year. Everything I bought off PRF germinates so easy as the seeds are only a few weeks old, everything I got from australia which is probably 6 months old (at least, might be from the year before), 3-4 weeks is the norm for germination.

Hungarian hot wax:
Any here grown them?
I planted a lot because the orignial seeds were taking too long to germinate, and I didn't really care about them, just wanted to practice and run experiments on them before I got my super hots and chinense in August.
I think I have about 6 HHW seedlings now, well , had. They are a few weeks old and have a full set of true leaves, but I've lost 2 to damping off (I think anyway, wilts and rots at the soil line).
Strange to me as these aren't just small seedlings with just the cotyledons. I have them under a MH lamp at night, and out in the shaded sunlight & breeze during the day, only water them with a trigger spray every 2nd day.
So what's causing this?
Whatever it is I want to prevent it happening to my super hots that I can't afford to lose any of.

got a photo?
Not sure of my advice even with a photo. I've lost a lot of faith in my growing abilities because I've lurched from problem to problem so far this season but there might be something in a picture someone can pick.

I've tried to grow them but I just trashed my only seedling cos it was sick with a whole bunch of other ones. I'll probably do my final (maybe :P ) lot of seeds on sunday if I can find the time, including the HHW.

No photo because they've been thrown out.
They would be fine during the night under lights, but when put outside in the morning, I'd find them wilted. The stem reduced to nothing (just a brown 'string') at the base on the soil line. Seems like damping off to me, but only happened with the HHW, nothing else. Leaves and other parts of the stem are normal, roots look OK too.

I'm just wondering if they are more susceptible to fungus and damping off, and whether I should do something proactively with my other varieties of chillies.
My potting mix is treated with H. peroxide 2 days before use, and they dry out quickly either under the MH lamp or outside in the wind and sunlight.

edit: If I'm nuking the soil/potting mix to stop the bad guys, and I'm just planting in pots, I really would like to find a source for some rhizobacteria or something.
I know people here have mentioned a mycorr inocculant is the US, anyone seen something similar here?

Link to read in the morning I guess (when all nice and sober, clear thinking etc - PDF download though)
http://www.jarts.info/index.php/jarts/article/download/67/61

Back