• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

overwintering Winter-Summer in OZ "Comparison" / Aussie Blabberers

Who will win?

• A muppet

Votes: 20 34.5%
  • A muppet

Votes: 15 25.9%
  • A muppet

Votes: 23 39.7%

• Total voters
Are you milk_man_rox or youcantgrowthatinmelbourne?
Seriously, I'm not stalking you (might be unconvincing after for no real reason quoted you in an old "growing in winter Oz" thread just yesterday...). But hear me out.
I first got interested in growing chillies while just reading non chilli related forums, like whirlpool and OCAU.
Only went back to ocau a few days ago because I was after a second hand decent cheap GFX card. I went and checked some of my old posts and there you were.

Well its nearly the end of winter :woohoo: so i thought id share my best seedling over winter. Trinidad 7. just grown on a window sill.

IMG_5342.jpg

IMG_5340.jpg

IMG_5343.jpg

cheers pauly

Cheers Jungle, I was hoping the start of September if the current weather in Perth is anything to go by. Last couple of days have been nice and warm but really cold at night. i was thinking of going the big pot option say 32mm black plastic pots but i need to find some first. Anyone know were to get cheap plastic pots in Perth. ive tried gum tree but am always too late. might try swap meets if any on this weekend. any other ideas would be appreciated.

Cheers Pauly

I think you mean 120mm or 12cm bro. As for large pots you could try fast food restaurants or the like. Sometimes they give away empty 20 litre food grade buckets.

I got 7 baby habs the size of a pinkie fingernail off mine over winter. The recent few days of sunshine have made a big difference though, 2 green new pods growing larger.

Over here on the Gold Coast I have had my plants outside (on my balcony but still outside) some since the start of August. I can't imagine the weather in Perth being too much cooler so you should be fine to have your plants outside from here on out.

Here are some of my last pics of my outdoor plants I have another 20 inside as they are much younger.

Getting some nice light rain on them today, but could do with some nice warm sun in the next week to get them going.

IMG_20110827_145544.jpg

IMG_20110827_145754.jpg

2 x Aji Lemons and Numex Twilight and Super Chilli

IMG_20110827_145642.jpg

1 of my Aji Lemons

IMG_20110827_150629.jpg

My older super Chillis flower buds. I have been trimming the buds on the plant for the past 2-3 weeks but they just keep coming.

Should I continue trimming them for another week or so and then let them go??

I also have the first flower buds forming on my Aji Lemons and Numex Twilight, all the initial ones will be getting nipped off asap.

Are you milk_man_rox or youcantgrowthatinmelbourne?
Seriously, I'm not stalking you (might be unconvincing after for no real reason quoted you in an old "growing in winter Oz" thread just yesterday...). But hear me out.
I first got interested in growing chillies while just reading non chilli related forums, like whirlpool and OCAU.
Only went back to ocau a few days ago because I was after a second hand decent cheap GFX card. I went and checked some of my old posts and there you were.

Yep, thats me!

I need to update the blog actually, lots of changes in the garden this year.

Back