• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Winter updates on my plants

I took these pictures just to make Quadshotz eyes pop out, and I might as well do it to everyone else.

Here is my 2 year old plant.
BigBhut.JPG

Paper towel roll to give you size reference
Bhutwithtowel.JPG

Here is my other 2 year old plant. It is recovering from an aphid and sooty mold attack. Yes, those are my succulents. Pear cactus and Aloe Vera.
2ndBhut.JPG

Pepper on hand, nice color on it!
pepperonhand.JPG

I hope that you guys liked the picture (since we are limited to 4 pictures, there's another thread behind this one with 4 more pics), I will keep you posted on how the plants are doing. The peppers are holding up well despite to this cold-snap and the heater running in the greenhouse to keep it at about 45 degrees. I would like it a bit warmer, but mom said that she will let me pay the gas bill for that. 45 degrees is just cold enough to slow the plant down without killing it, but you need to make sure that it is well watered and cleaned. I don't have any problems with aphids, but when I do see some, I just use this insecticidal soap that mom uses on her succulents to keep the aphids under control. I need to get the plants sprayed 1st thing in the morning as I took these pictures at 11:00 at night. The purple plant is just getting a tiny infestation, and the way that I found out is that when I was taking pictures of the plants, I was rotating the pot and felt the stickyness and I immediately looked underside of the leaves, and I can see 2 or 3 on a leaf. As soon as I get the name of this product, I'll post it. It's great stuff, and you can use it on your plants up to a day before harvest.

-G

Winter updates on my plants2

clusters
clusters.JPG

Purple Pepper. I still have not identified on what type it is.
PurplePepper.JPG

Inside of my mom's greenhouse, my peppers are on the right in the back, right side of the heater
PC140090.JPG

Another shot of the greehouse. Those are my mom's succulents that she grows and sells at the farmer's market.
PC140091.JPG

Very nice, i would feel comfortable sleeping out there. I see that you like your succulents as well.

are those Bhut Joloikias?

Back