• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Wiri's 2020 Vision of Wild(s)

Well it's about time to step up at home plate & present my Wild line-up card.Many players
added will  shore up my batting line-up courtesy of CD, hopefully  hit  a few dingers,go
yard ,clear the bases and  in the end have a # of  web gems to show off.So let the games begin.

Many are proven big leaguers so that should put me ahead of the count,right!And I promise to
play clean,without cheating absolutely no (base) stealing...no, not gonna do it ;) ,speaking of;the
Astros cheating scandal grows with each passing week. :rofl: enjoying the humiliation thou'.
Another shoe is about to drop on a nearby team...can't wait for Spring Training to begin.

giphy.gif

These were  started on 1/28/20 using my  Aerogarden  lights only  so they're in soil.Don't
want to deal with tangled roots in transplanting to soil,so trying this way.

1,Tovarii  iso                                                
2.C Putapario op                                  
3.Lanceolatum 26C iso                                      
4.Rocopica Usda Cardenasii x Unk op                                         
5.Cap 1491 Eximium iso
6.Eximium not Buforum  CTB
7.Flexuosum Purple Pheno op
8.Dwarf Chilitepin        *** 1 hook 2/7
9.Cap 1491 Eximium op
10.Cardenasii Cgn   op
11.Flexuosum Purple Pheno iso
12.Cardenasii Usda iso

Seeds started 1/29/20   
13.Blue Mystery               **1 hook 2/7
14.Cardenasii USDA op
15.Cap 215  op  2016    (Microcarpum)
16.Pi 439528      2016    (Preatermissum)
17.Pequin annum var glabriusculum 2016        **1 hook 2/7
18.Cumari Pollux  2016
19.Galapagoense  age?

Started 2/2/20                                   
20./20.C. Flibu (guru)        
   Well I have a whole season to watch my plants grow & my baseball team win! Life is good.!
                      Here's my  NICU being closely monitored...Thanks for stopping by. ;)
n4SaJOM.jpg

wiriwiri said:
Thanks Rick...BTW...I tried to call Smokemaster  a few times to see how he was but no success.

Thanks for letting me know Sandy. I know John (MWCH) tried to contact him recently as well, without success.

Every time pepper seeds are discussed, I think about Mike. I'm not sure I know anyone more passionate, dedicated and committed to "spreading the heat".

I hope he's doing ok.

DownRiver said:

Thanks for letting me know Sandy. I know John (MWCH) tried to contact him recently as well, without success.

Every time pepper seeds are discussed, I think about Mike. I'm not sure I know anyone more passionate, dedicated and committed to "spreading the heat".

I hope he's doing ok.
Spoke to him earlier this wk...his health issues persists..so not growing anything ATM..but yep,he loved to spread the heat. ;)

Didn't take any pepper photos recently..weather here this past wk has been a  Weatherman's dream  & for us awful.
but,there's always a but on the "bright" side we didn't lose power..winds over 55 MPH.&the ole " I'm still standing" GH
intact.Then yesterday we had snow not much on our end but some had 6 inches,& most towns had tucked away their
winter gear...they haven't figured out NE weather yet...so a bit of this that & the other + CV newest drug from Gilead Sc.
is promising if used early ..so there's one to"buy on spec"$$$..speaking of buying here's my 2 $$Money Tree plants. ;)
yf5fW25.jpg

The Money Tree Plant, also known as Pachira aquatica, is a tree that grows in the swamps of Central and South America. It can grow up to 60 ft in the wild. However, it is also a popular choice as an indoor or bonsai tree because it is easy to maintain and regulate its growth. It is a very durable plant,so it can grow in many different conditions, but the right amount of water, feeding, and light will help it grow to its full capacity.
The legend which gave this plant its name says that the money tree plant will bring great wealth to its owner, and the trunks are usually braided together to "lock in" luck and fortune. Once the trunks have been braided, they will continue to grow this way, but it occasionally might need some trimming to keep it all in place. However, if you want your plant to develop fully, choose one with
nxmwoTA.jpg
unplaited stems.
Although this plant comes from the Americas, it is currently most popular in Taiwan. Feng shui practitioners believe that the Pachira aquatica creates "chi," positive energy that brings luck in homes, and they commonly decorate it with different ornaments to improve this ability.
https://youtu.be/PyeWRd7ZEBs

Super nice plants Sandy!
My wife walked by and stopped to eye your Orchids. She grows them as well.
They do well here on North facing window sills.

Carry on!

PaulG said:
Always something interesting to learn here, Sandy!
Thanks Paul...like to share info., some may come in handy perhaps!

Devv said:
Super nice plants Sandy!
My wife walked by and stopped to eye your Orchids. She grows them as well.
They do well here on North facing window sills.

Carry on!
Thanks Scott...I'm a lil behind with my glog etc. now everything is catching up with me.
Glad to hear your wife grows orchids too..the flowers last so much longer than others, a real plus!

Update on a few ..have 3 new galap seedlings to add to the adult ..they will be "home schooled"  &  I'm
making some adjustments to see if I can be successful in getting more blooms &  healthier plants.
The weather could be kinder /gentler than this past April...so MAYbe moving forward it will be better.
Placed the feeder a wk ago& the first guest male hummingbird arrived yesterday...love to have them around.
Spring is finally here ...hope so.

This was the 1st seedling and it has grown...now has siblings in various stages of G/D.Thanks go out to CD.
So from 3/14/20 seeds to these.. first photo is the seedling #! as ~ 3 wks ago followed by how it has grown today.
pGoyOyJ.jpg
0DFZohw.jpg

the 3 galaps seedlings ...had to do minor surgery on the last 2 to germ d/t helmet head but they pulled thru' in the NICU. ;)
GZG7rTG.jpg

These are 2 Cardis...one is UDSA the other ISO since then I have another USDA ISO under lights .
Funny thing thou' ...the tall one has 2 flower buds..don't know??as I understand it,they are not self pol.
The second plant is not very big and they were not close to each other.wondering aloud if I should pluck the flowers as the
plant is still not that big..will see?
uo0ZWq4.jpg
ybmeRFV.jpg

wiriwiri said:
 first photo is the seedling #! 

With the wild peppers I consider most all sprouts to be seedling # !  ;)

Galapogoense are looking fantastic!

wiriwiri said:
These are 2 Cardis...one is UDSA the other ISO since then I have another USDA ISO under lights .
Funny thing thou' ...the tall one has 2 flower buds..don't know??as I understand it,they are not self pol.
The second plant is not very big and they were not close to each other.wondering aloud if I should pluck the flowers as the
plant is still not that big..will see?

I read much to the effect that the Cardenasii were not self-pollinating, but I've found they actually do so perfectly well.

Things are looking great!  They all have a lot of character to them.

Special thanks to CD for sharing all of the wonderful 'WILD' seeds with me ...I can tell you the biggest kick I get
from growing wilds is the amazing feeling of elation or close to when I see the germination of a wild like Tov or Galap,etc,
you have to experience it...it's a sense of accomplishment ...well it's a great feeling... :D

Thank you CD for giving us the opportunity to experience the joys of growing hard to find WILDS! ;) 

wiriwiri said:
Special thanks to CD for sharing all of the wonderful 'WILD' seeds with me ...I can tell you the biggest kick I get
from growing wilds is the amazing feeling of elation or close to when I see the germination of a wild like Tov or Galap,etc,
you have to experience it...it's a sense of accomplishment ...well it's a great feeling...like sending a sick pt home..cured! :D

Thank you CD for giving us the opportunity to experience the joys of growing hard to find WILDS! ;) 

You're welcome, Wiri!  And a big thanks back to you and all the others who've shared their cool seeds with me!  Great people here.

Adding kudos to the above comments for you,
Sandy. You are on top of the game! I agree with
you about growing the wilds.

As for the cardenasii, why not just let it flower
and see what happens. If it's not ready to support
a pod, it won't.

:cheers:  for continued success!

CaneDog said:

With the wild peppers I consider most all sprouts to be seedling # !  ;)         
I stand corrected... :D

Galapogoense are looking fantastic!
So far so good...thanks CD

I read much to the effect that the Cardenasii were not self-pollinating, but I've found they actually do so perfectly well.

Things are looking great!  They all have a lot of character to them.
I'll leave the flowers & see how how they develop moving forward...kudos!

PaulG said:
Adding kudos to the above comments for you,
Sandy. You are on top of the game! I agree with
you about growing the wilds.

As for the cardenasii, why not just let it flower
and see what happens. If it's not ready to support
a pod, it won't.

:cheers:  for continued success!
Appreciate your kind comments Paul....growing wilds does make the season thou' so short more interesting..waiting  for the flowers,then
pods to mature.Wishing the weather would cooperate ..nite temps in the 30's for the next 10 days..hope that can be revised for the better.

Devv said:
Well done Sandy! The plants look sweet ;)

Hopefully things are getting more sane up your way..
Much thanks Scott...the situation with CV is slowly improving in & around the Eastern Seaboard..NYC has been hard hit,as you see on TV,
of course d/t the geography ie proximity etc....hard to stop the spread...am  surprised that NJ had/has so many cases..people are restless,
 with each passing day.and I thoroughly understand that & I get it.What is so horrible is the protestors some no masks,but otherwise in full
regalia,armed to the T...C. Flags etc. in tow standing so close to others...of course when/if they/or family get sick  they expect to be cared  
for by some of the SAME people they are disrespecting ...heck with those..why should caregivers risk their lives over IDIOTS!!
Just my 3 Cents. :shh:

Back