• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Wolfwood2186's peppers

so here they are.

the bhuts.

DSC02522.jpg

DSC02523.jpg

the jalapenos

DSC02524.jpg

DSC02525.jpg

DSC02526.jpg

the purple exploding embers

DSC02527.jpg

DSC02528.jpg

DSC02529.jpg

DSC02530.jpg

the Jamaican hot chocolates

DSC02531.jpg

DSC02532.jpg

DSC02533.jpg

DSC02534.jpg

group shots

purple exploding embers and Jamaican hot chocolates

DSC02535.jpg

Bhuts and jalapenos

http://i1020.photobucket.com/albums/af323/wolfwood2186/plants/DSC02538.jpg
DSC02537.jpg

here is what i am thinking is since they are right beside my bhuts i think there may have been some cross pollination going on so its like a "bhutapeno". the purple exploding embers are a frutescens so it didn't cross with them. plus i noticed one of my jalapenos is looking a little bumpy like a bhut so well see what happens.

Were they next to your bhuts last year? You can have them next to anything this year and the pods will be the same. Crossing affects the seeds in that pod and therefore the plants grown from those seeds.

What I am saying is they can't be showing signs of bhut cross unless the plant is growing from a seed from a jalapeno that crossed with a bhut last year.

Ill have to take a picture its prolly just a weird shaped pepper not a cross. I got these seeds from a friend so he may have had it next to something but I don't know.

I love my buckets and it was super cheap to make, plus my plants seem to love them as well. shortly after i transplanted into the buckets my plants just took off.

That is definitely an interesting looking jalapeno. I would talk to your friend and try to find out out what it may be crossed with since annums should only have one flower per node (maybe there's an exception somewhere, seems like there is usually an exception to everything), and the skin is very strange for a jalapeno. I'm guessing those are going to be some hot pods. :D Have any of them turned ripe yet? Do you know what color they ripen to? Probably red, but it would be interesting to see what they look like when ripe.

I know what some people are going to say but i have grown all of my plants in Miracle grow potting soil. in my buckets i used a diluted fertilizer mixture of 10-10-10 solution. until the plants really started to come into season then i switched over to a 15-30-15 solution. you are supposed to mix 1 tablespoon of fertilizer per gallon and i did 1 tablespoon per 3 gallons.

I haven't let the jalapenos get ripe yet i have been picking them while they were still green.

As far as the cross pollinating my friend couldn't remember if there was anything by it.

Back