• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

worcestershire soaked mushroom with eggplant tops

Nice, healthy hearty meal

So here we go:

mushroomcreation.jpg

I start with nice sized mushrooms, laying the mushroom down in a oiled oven dish add a generous amount of worcestershire sauce onto the mushrooms. mushrooms tend to soak up flavors easily, if you have to add some kind of dead creature into the mix try adding some diced bacon at this point hehe

Then I add some tomato, chunks of feta, fresh asparagus and some firm Tofu mmmm yummm

I read lots of recipes that dry out eggplant by adding salt to freshly cut pieces but seeing that this is going into the oven I don't bother. I add some extra worcestershire sauce before popping the creation into the oven. After 10-15 minutes I add a sauce to the top of the eggplant, this time round I used my Dorset/tomato jam.

mushroomcreation001.jpg

soo umm 200c for 25 mins should do the job

Soo tasty

looks great timmy! a nice vege option :) i usually salt the eggplant to remove some of the water.. and I have heard it removes some bitterness, but i dont know if that is a myth or not..

Hiya Mel :)

I've never had much luck with salting eggplant, I've had a go a few times and I can definitely see that it pulls out some moisture.

Hope your having a good start to the season :)

it certainly pulls out the moisture... good if you're making a parmigiana or a vege lasagna.. dunno about the bitterness though :) I've had a lazy start to the season.. did some pruning on existing plants this weekend and i've got a raised bed to put together from bunnings (damn bunnings! i should own shares!) but i havent started any seeds or anything.. i have a tonne saved in the cupboard.. so hopefully next weekend will build the bed and start off some seeds :) i'm happy cause the jalepeno i overwintered is starting to make a comeback.. little sprouts coming up all over it.. my rocoto also survived the winter very well so hoping for some pods this season!

hows your season starting off?

The seasons start is going okay but a bit slow :) lol It can never start early enough.

The baked eggplant goes really well Wasatch, If I add uncooked eggplant into pasta or something like that I can never get it to taste the best.

Hope your seasons going well Jimmy :)

Awesome, Timmmy, total awesomeness. I'm not a super eggplant fan, but if I had that for dinner, it would be gone in a flash!

I'll have to cook this one soon DuvallDaves, just looking at the pics has made my mouth water up lol mmmmmm yummm

:) Give it a go you'll be happy you did

Back