• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

World's Hottest Noodles

spicefreak said:
I could reason with you people but I feel that this thread is an intentional farce and should probably be left that way so good night.
I assure you that this post was not an intentional farce. I thought some would find the article entertaining and my added comment about 'not
getting the math' wasn't intended to stir the pot on an existing debate.

In summary, this was an accidental farce (as are all my other farces).

I was reading this thread earlier, and I have been thinking about it.

Doing an Internet search, I found this on Wikipedia:

Since at least the 1980s, spice heat has been more precisely measured by a method that uses high-performance liquid chromatography (HPLC).[3] This identifies and measures the concentration of heat-producing chemicals. The measurements are used in a mathematical formula that weights them according to their relative capacity to produce a sensation of heat. This method yields results, not in Scoville units, but in American Spice Trade Association (ASTA) pungency units. A measurement of one part capsaicin per million corresponds to about 16 Scoville units, and the published method says that ASTA pungency units can be multiplied by 16 and reported as Scoville units. Scoville units are a measure for capsaicin content per unit of dry mass.[35][36][37]

As we are talking SHU, the last sentence is the relevant one; '...per unit of dry mass'. Per unit. So, increasing the number of 'units' does not increase the SHU level, because it is a fixed ratio.

So I guess pepper spray has no SHU (made from cayenne or ANY pepper). See how you like it?

It's not that hard to grasp. Shit gets hooter, evident by the tongue!

The Hot Pepper said:
So I guess pepper spray has no SHU. See how you like it?

The ratio of capsaicin to unit of dilutant would determine that, no?

SHU is a ratio, but increasing the total amount of capsaicin is what is being discussed. It would be more correct, in my opinion, to say the noodles contain X amount of capsaicin per bowl. In order to increase the ratio of capsaicin to noodles, one would need to use a pepper with more capsaicin per mass unit of the pepper. Would you not agree making the noodles with the same dry weight of Bhut Jolokia as the Bird peppers would make the noodles hotter?

You guys understand this is marketing right? To get more people to eat it!

I can make a sauce with 100% orange juice, but that does not mean the sauce IS 100% orange juice.Then it would just be orange juice lol.

Agreed.

I have to laugh when I see a commercial for a product 'made with all-natural ingredients'. Alright, but what 'un-natural ingredients' does it also contain?

Caveat Emptor.

Right. Like if burgers are made with 100% beef. All that means is you can take pure beef and add other shit because you used 100% beef as an ingredient. And a bunch of other shit!!!! LOL. alkahall gets it. It's all a scam.

No. These are the hottest noodles in THE WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jay is busy

pool_noodle_man.jpg

Back