• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Worship the Burrito!

Hey ya'll, TB here. For thousands of years Tibeten monks, Mayan brujo's and voodoo witch doctors, and pot smoking hippy's have searched for the truth, the answer to the ultimate question! CIA, KGB, and NSA (NoSuchAgency) have all infiltrated governments and society at large with moles and spys also in search of the answer to the ultimate question. I know the question, but do YOU? Search your inner thoughts, delve deep into your very soul and ask yourself....What goes on your burrito?

To prepare your mind for the answer, you must first crack and shotgun 3 beers and do a shot of tequila. Then use the force to let your mind guide you to culinary nirvana.

Last eve I began my climb up the mountain with the following ingredients...

olive oil
garlic
yellow onion
green onion
red bell pepper
habanero pepper
button mushrooms picked by Mayan warriors deep within a cave at an undisclosed location somewhere in the Yucatan.
shrimp
flour tortillas
cheddar cheese
sour cream
lime
habanero hot sauce

saute in a skillet, preferrably cast iron, the first five ingredients. Add the shrooms and shrimp....BEHOLD!!
0160.jpg

crack and slam 2 more hoskey's and do another shot. Heat another pan and melt cheddar cheese on a tortilla....screw that..just zap it in the mic. Crack another beer and then shovel the shrimp mix onto the tortilla. CAN YOU SMELL THAT??
0161.jpg

Then..you guessed it..have another beer and do a shot of tequila. Now roll ever so carefully your culinary spliff like it's best Matanuska Thunderf*#k ganja rollercoaster skunk weed on the planet.(hey just what I heard on Sixty Minutes)
Top with sour cream, green onions and hot sauce..WORSHIP IT!!
0162.jpg

Now that you know the question..what is your answer? What goes on your burrito? Beef? Chicken? Camel? Musk Ox? I say it's all good...

Pics are required and corn tortilla's may also be used...PITA BREAD DOES NOT COUNT!!

Crack 2 more beers...

Cheers ya'll, TB.

Dude....I hate you. I just got my paycheck and now your picture has me wanting to stock up on expensive shrimp and ingredients to make a burrito!

imaguitargod said:
Dude....I hate you. I just got my paycheck and now your picture has me wanting to stock up on expensive shrimp and ingredients to make a burrito!

Whoa Nellie...back off on the sweet talk IGG...we're in public.

No shrimp? No worries. Burrito's are the kind of food you can put anything on and roll it up. Got cat?

Cheers, TB.

It's past midnight and I have just finished cooking my first ever batch of hot sauce and cleaned up the kitchen. And now you unbolt my drooling glands again! This is not fair! :onfire:

is that one of those sophisticated burritos you have to eat with a knife and fork? I've been eating kings prawns (shrimp) for the last three days - chilliwoman bought 2kgs of peeled prawns for Christmas and I'm the only one that eats them.

I had king prawn and stillz's DTJF sauce, sour cream and shredded lettuce on a few burritos and they were the best! but I held them in my hands, no time to be using that fancy cutlery...

That looks awesome dude. Up here we would just call that a "wrap" unless it was full of refried beans. Now I gotta thaw out some shrimp for breakfast dammit:)

chilliman64 said:
is that one of those sophisticated burritos you have to eat with a knife and fork? I've been eating kings prawns (shrimp) for the last three days - chilliwoman bought 2kgs of peeled prawns for Christmas and I'm the only one that eats them.

I had king prawn and stillz's DTJF sauce, sour cream and shredded lettuce on a few burritos and they were the best! but I held them in my hands, no time to be using that fancy cutlery...

Cman...nothing sophisticated about it as by the time one is done preparing the 'thang, one will have drank enough for a platoon of marines on payday. I will admit to eating it with a knife and fork though....(hangs head in shame)..I'll go and take off the skirt now ya'll.

Cheers, TB.

The ultimate burrito is a beautiful thing, but it also beautiful to take a boring breakfast and make it into a pretty decent burrito!

I take eggs (fried or scrambled, whichever the fam wants), bacon or sausage, a little cheddar, some salsa, sour cream, and hot sauce and make breakfast a whole lot better.

My wife still looks at me funny when I take breakfast and burrito it up.

Your burrito looks pretty freaking good TB, I guess I would add some avacado though!

TB all you got ta do is put them toppings on the inside bro and pick that bad mutha up!

You wanna wear a skirt, wear a skirt! As long as you don't have ugly legs. Got to draw the line somewhere.

If ya'll don't post pics of YOUR favorite burritos I swear I will go and find a skirt to wear and post pics. It will not be pretty! :mouthonfire: Now ya'll do your duty! That is all.

Cheers, TB.

Is a Burrito Mexican? It's just my boy is doing a Spanish project on Mexico and I did a list for him of popular food which didn't include Burritos.

rainbowberry said:
Is a Burrito Mexican? It's just my boy is doing a Spanish project on Mexico and I did a list for him of popular food which didn't include Burritos.

Traditional Mexican uses corn tortilla's for the most part. Wheat flour tortillas are more or less a gringo influence. A burro' or burrito is another version of the more traditonal taco. The origons of the name are shady at best but most likely a gabacho/gringo 'thang. Taco Bell sure has made a pile of cash out of it...

Cheers, TB.

Thank you for that, I have all the other stuff like:

Tequila
Tacos
Quesadillas
Nachos
Fajita
Enchilada
Chorizo
Caldo
Salsa
Guacamole

Oh look I've managed to put the alcohol at the top of the list.

Now we're into debatable content:) I think burritos actually originated in the US, and there is also debate as to whether fajitas originated in Mexico or Texas. Then there is chorizo which can be either spanish type or mexican type, both are quite different.
And isn't caldo from Portugal?

POTAWIE said:
Now we're into debatable content:) I think burritos actually originated in the US, and there is also debate as to whether fajitas originated in Mexico or Texas. Then there is chorizo which can be either spanish type or mexican type, both are quite different.
And isn't caldo from Portugal?

Fajitas are definitely indigenous to south Texas and more specifically the Rio Grande Valley. The meat used is skirt steak. Any other meat such as chicken does not a fajita make. There is no such thing. The beginnings? Unclear. Caldo is just a word meaning stew. Chorizo is definitely of Spanish origon.
Burrito's are favored by many Mexicans along the northern most border to Texas but I believe that they are of dubious/gringo origon.

Cheers, TB.

I make quesadillas at least once a week with just about everything imaginable. So it is kind of like your burrito only flat and baked or grilled. Love 'em. Oh, and IGG, I have two big bags of shrimp in the freezer, so here:

:tosses Igg 2lbs of shrimp:

Back