• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

hot-sauce Worst Hot sauce you've ever tasted?

Omri said:
Sadly enough, the worst sauce I've ever had was one I made.
Some weird mix of mayo, tomatoes, birdseye, wine and other stuff I don't really remember because I was sooooooooo drunk...

I'm so happy this didn't happen to me!:lol:

The worst "sauce" I had was a "Chili Oil" from an Asia shop. It was with soy oil and prawns and a helluvalotof other ingredients and it was so disgusting...

Omri said:
Sadly enough, the worst sauce I've ever had was one I made.
Some weird mix of mayo, tomatoes, birdseye, wine and other stuff I don't really remember because I was sooooooooo drunk...

Mayo in hot sauce?!?!?! Wow, you must really have been drunk.

Sickmont said:
The absolute worst i've ever had was Tropical Pepper Co. Xxxtra Hot Habanero Pepper Sauce. It wasn't a sauce per se, but more like a bottle of hab flavored salt. Nasty.
I think i have a bottle of that in my girl's mom's fridge. The XXXX hab isn't so bad, but it's not the best. They are still better than Tabasco IMO. That said, for the same $2 you could buy a bottle of Grace Scotch Bonnet and be satisfied. Tropical Pepper Scotch Bonnet doesn't even taste like Scotch Bonnet.

imaguitargod said:
Hehehe, I fed you a ton of sauces when you visited. :hell: The one you are reffering to is Endorphin Rush, and yes, it's crappy!
==============================
I've had this. At first try, I thought I liked it....for an extract sauce.....

Next try, the combination of molasses and extract hit me wrong.

I still think I win. it didn't just taste bad... it tastes WRONG. the all texture, liquidity thing was way off... looked like something that was already digested. I totally win.

I think I'd have to agree wine and mayo? I bet you had to try it a few times though since you made it right?

JayT said:
I think I'd have to agree wine and mayo? I bet you had to try it a few times though since you made it right?
Even tried to use it as a dip, and when I didn't like it... just stored it in the fridge. the next day I opened the fridge was like "WTF IS THAT?!" and then I remembered, lol... tasted it again a few times and then went into the trash bin.

Sickmont said:
The absolute worst i've ever had was Tropical Pepper Co. Xxxtra Hot Habanero Pepper Sauce. It wasn't a sauce per se, but more like a bottle of hab flavored salt. Nasty.

Yup - awful stuff. Tied for worst is Ass Kickin' Cajun Sauce. Both were horrid, and tossed after a couple of uses.

Mine was one of the Daves - I think Ultimate Insanity. It was thick and blackish-brown, taste could only be described as "toxic waste."

I've never had another Daves product since then. I know they're very popular, but that sauce scared me off them.

klyth said:
Mine was one of the Daves - I think Ultimate Insanity. It was thick and blackish-brown, taste could only be described as "toxic waste."

I've never had another Daves product since then. I know they're very popular, but that sauce scared me off them.

That's a very good choice Klyth. I actually thought of that one too.

chilehunter said:
forgot about this, I 100% agree ALL "bull snort" sauces are NASTY!!!

Thanks mate for confirming that, can you recommend some good sauces I should try? There is so any from USA, would be good to get a bit of an idea. Cheers.

you live in aus. I'd say it'd be cheaper to buy from some locals there & when you've tried them all start buying oversea's.
you have stillmanz, bent, hippy, scorpion,etc... all are members here, they'll hook you up with some great sauces.

if you still plan on buying elsewhere figure which hot sauce site you're gonna buy from & people here can give you some ideas as to which ones would be worth buying. since not every place sells the same thing.

you should really be asking IGG as to which hot sauces are good, here's tried more than anyone here.

imaguitargod said:
I'm always happy to answer questions.
Seriously now. I tried THOUSANDS of sauces over the past few years, and that's probably a slow weekend for you. :lol:

Back