• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

WOW! It's the 80's all over again

The year, 1982 and while our radios blasted out hits like “Eye of the Tiger” and “I Love Rock and Roll” our fingers were dancing across the keyboards of our new Commodore 64 computer. Well, Hot people it’s time to dust off those old 45’s and get them playing because the 80’s are back!

Commodore announced Wednesday the comeback of the Commodore 64 and a new online store where you can get it. It’s not exactly the same for instance it comes with 2 Gig’s of RAM and Blue Ray. But the look is all Classic Commodore 64. Check it out at:

http://www.commodoreusa.net/CUSA_Home.aspx

Commodore20641.jpg

Next up? Maybe New Coke will make it’s way back onto the shelf’s

Oh, and this IS a True Story, really.

MODEL: Commodore 64x

PROCESSOR: Intel® Atom D525 1.80GHz (Formerly Pineview-D)

CHIPSET: Intel NM10 (Formerly Tiger Point)

MEMORY: 2 x DDR2 667/800 Single Channel DIMM slots (up to 4 GB)

GRAPHICS: Next-Generation NVIDIA ION Graphics Processor

AUDIO: Realtek ALC662 6-CH HD Audio
Nvidia L-PCM digital audio (HDMI 1.3) can support 7.1 output with external decoder
LAN: Realtek RTL8111DL PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet

STORAGE: Intel NM10
2 SATA2 3Gb/s ports
JMicron® JMB362 SATA controller
2 Internal SATA2 3.0Gb/s port with RAID 0, 1, JBOD.

FEATURES: - ACPI S3 Compliant
- ECO-design for EuP Standard
- 12 VDC jack on back panel for external power supply
- Dedicated DDR3 512MB Graphics Memory Onboard
- Premium DirectX 10 graphics with advanced digital display connectivity
- PureVideo™ Full 1080p HD video and Blu-ray playback
- NVIDIA® CUDA™ technology to accelerate the most demanding applications
- Premium Windows experience with Windows Vista and Windows 7

ONBOARD I/O
CONNECTORS: 1 mini PCI Express x1 Slot
1 Serial header (RS232)
4 SATA2 3Gb/s Connectors with RAID 0, 1, JBOD functions (SATA#3,#4)
2 USB Pin Headers for up to 3 additional USB 2.0 Ports
1 8 bit GPIO header
1 CIR header
1 9-pin Audio Connector
1 Front Panel Connector
3 Fan Headers
1 4-pin Power Connector

There are 5 versions and the price starts at $250 and goes up to $895

You'd have to go pair prices with comparable computers at say Best Buy to know. I don't think that price is going to be their selling point though. I think it's going to be nostalgia.

i still have my atari 800, with games, donkey kong, pac man, joust etc., still has the origin tape drive, but then i bought the indus gt harddrive for it, that had to be 1984. of course, i have the programming languages, forth, basic, c and assembler...but after all i did go onto my computer science degree.... then i was ibm/xerox/mai & digital bound, guess i am still outdated... any chance xerox will get back into the computer world, how about sperry....never mind, i'll just brush the dust off me and dream about duck hunt...... the game!

Don't feel too obsolete there BC...

...Tim Hortons is always hiring...and offering a chance to get out and meet people and have fun and interesting social interactions with your coworkers...

...plus providing a nice boost to both self esteem and mental health. ;)

dvg

Back