• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Xalapa Pepper?

I received seeds a while back from a member here and they were labelled Xalapa Landrace .... apparently obtained from a market in Mexico.

What do you think I have here? My wife is convinced it is a bell pepper... any help would be much appreciated!

https://ibb.co/iAu7fQ

Sadly, both my Xalapa plants produced peppers with no heat. My colleague from work who grew three plants from the same seed stock reported the same thing. My brain strains and naga morichs grew hot as hades so I'm not sure what happened. All the same, I seeded them and used the peppers in salads for the past 2 weeks. :)

saugapepper said:
Sadly, both my Xalapa plants produced peppers with no heat. My colleague from work who grew three plants from the same seed stock reported the same thing. My brain strains and naga morichs grew hot as hades so I'm not sure what happened. All the same, I seeded them and used the peppers in salads for the past 2 weeks. :)

Don't despair, This happens with pods from origination as well. I have purchased pods from market and they are sometimes hit and miss for heat.

Back