• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

seeds Yahooooo!!! 3 of my bhut seedlinds germinated!

Just when i thought i was a complete idiot...... I COMPLETELY REDEEMED MYSELF!!! I almost gave up n thought i blew it!!Just got home from work.n there it was!! 3 outta five germinated. Barely had hooks. Which is the root as far as i read here. I had em in plastic covered cups from rabertos taco shop. ( thank you for whoevevr posted article about grmination being best in cups) had 4 others in soil 7 days before i put those 5 n cups. I placed the three in starter soil in a small container. On their side. Hook facing down. Now should i place back in covered germination chamber thats on heat mat????? Or should i put under light???? I put in grmnation container for now???? Please help. Thanks

Congratulations!

The hooks that you see are actually hypocotyl, part of the plant which emerges during germination to literally pull the cotyledons (first set of leaves) through the soil.

If they're already germinating and your ambient temperature isn't too low, you should be able to pot them without the aid of the heat mats, which are primarily for the germination process.

If I'm off on this, some other chilehead should correct me. :)

Ambient temp is room temp im guessing? Its around 65 70. I just covered em up with a lil bit of soil. N watered on top. Soil in container was already wet. Should i still leave out under light then? Again its still covered by soil. Btw is it better to leave in cup to let it stretch out a lil more before planting??? Thanks nick.

Thanks r. J. I tell my girl to get outta the lil bhuts room. N ran outta seeds and began to give up. Im more excited than when i got engaded two months ago!!! Jk. Sorta. Also. I germinated em in plastic cup on paper towel so they arent above ground yet. I was supposed to bury em right? N if they are below ground. .... Light or no???? Heating mat or no???

bhuts like heat and humidity, it wouldn't hurt to give them light. gives them something to shoot for, something to reach for, something to strive for....i'm trying to pun or deliver some form of crafty metaphor but it doesn't look like i am succeeding.

I've got bhuts and habs in my closet. They have had the heat pad on since I planted them and they are now a month old. Soil temp has been @83 +/- a few the whole time. Air temp is 88-91 with air circulation from a fan. They like hot and humid so keep the heat to 'em I say. Put the light to 'em also :dance:

congrats pappa! :onfire:

Got it. Heat pad and light. They didnt come out of the ground yet. Will show pics soon. Also i plan on moving all of my peppers outside in a raised bed. It gets 110 degrees plus in vegas. And DRY!! Can i still grow bhut jalokia in this climate??? Also i was thinkng maybe i could plant in a huge pot under a lemon tree for shade?? Is that a good idea. Has anyone grown jalokia in vegas? Thanks again guys

This is my first year for Bhuts but the general consensus is that once the night temp stays 85F or higher they won't flower. Don't worry when that happens. Just take care of the plants as you had been and when the nights cool back down you will get pods again. You shouldn't need to shade them but DONT let them dry out. You don't want them with soggy feet either. I know, I know, you'll have to learn where the happy medium is.

Best of luck :onfire:

Back