• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

yay bhuts

hi, after nearly 2 weeks my bhut jolokias have finally germinated. the average temperature outside is 7oc in the day :( . my house is about 21oc is this warm enough to grow my bhuts ? i will be placing them on the windowsill in what sun we have. my other plants seemed to have responded well to this treatment but i know bhuts can be very tempermental.

21 degrees celcius will be enough for them to grow, more heat would be nice though.
I would be more worried about the amount of light the plants get as they grow more.
Quadshotz, one of the members here manages to grow in his apartment but from what i recall he has some troubles getting the puppies to pod up.
Is there any chance that you could invest in a grow cupboard or tent?

Yup, getting enough of the proper light for fruit indoors is a challenge, but many do it. I have a SW-facing window that helps a lot too in addition to lights.

There are many threads on it, using CFL's, regular tube floros, up to big iron like HID, HPS & Metal Halide....etc.

I know 42 watt CFLs are a good cheap way to get light to your seedlings.
T12 Fluorescents are not a bad choice either but...

If you want them to fruit indoors, you're almost definitely going to need a HPS (High Pressure Sodium) or some type of fancy mosly-red LED board.

groeatrepeat said:
I know 42 watt CFLs are a good cheap way to get light to your seedlings.
T12 Fluorescents are not a bad choice either but...

If you want them to fruit indoors, you're almost definitely going to need a HPS (High Pressure Sodium) or some type of fancy mosly-red LED board.

I absolutely agree with your statement about the CFL bulbs. My plants are really going insane with a couple 27 watt and a couple 45 watt bulbs. The 4 bulbs are equivalent to 600 incandescent watts at a fraction of the cost. My question though is about your statement that to get the plant to fruit a HPS light is necessary. Isn't that really just a product of the temperature (measured in Kelvin) of the light source? A lower temp maybe in the 2700 kelvin should encourage fruiting ...shouldn't it? Or am I mistaken?

Back