• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Yellow 7/ Fatalii Sauce review

Remembering I'm no expert people, here goes my review:

Fatalli/yellow 7 Sauce 18 Aug 10.

Colour: Vibrant Yellow, quite nice to look at.
Aroma: Fruity, kind of leaning in the citrus direction but also kind of like a pineapple type smell.
Texture: Thick and a little chunky, but not too chunky though. At first it was kind of hard to get out of the bottle, but once I had the first Table spoon out I was able to give it a good shake and it was a lot easier from then on.

I swished a full table spoon of this around in my mouth for around 20 odd seconds.

Instantly I could taste the Fruity/Citrusy flavour of this sauce, it kind of had a hab-ish type background flavour. This may sound strange but it reminded me a little of a Pine apple/Hab sauce I made a while back although this one was thicker, fruitier and a whole lot hotter.
30 seconds in and, the back of my throat felt like it was swelling a bit.
1 minute in to the taste test, my tongue developed a nice steady burn and built from that.
2 minutes along, my lips caught a taste of the heat with a slight sting turning to a moderate throb. At around that point in time I noticed that ever familiar stomach warmth telling me I was in for a hell of a time riding the porcelin bus later that day. I also realised I left a small peice of chilli somewhere in my mouth that promptly dislodged itself from where it was hiding and followed my inhalation straight into my LUNG!! Well, let-me-tell-you! That sent me into an uncontrollable cough for a substantial period of time!
Lost track of time now thanks to the coughing fit. But I think it's reached it's peak now. My lips, tongue and stomache were all burning, I've got the sniffles and sweating quite a bit too. The burn is good but not so hot you can't think straight or enjoy the flavours.
Wifey tells me we're about at 20 minutes now, everything is starting to ease off now, I can still feel it but it's only a background humming now.

Final say:
All round, well executed sauce that had a consistancy that was thick enough for almost any application, from Dip to sauce. IMO it would go well with any white meat and as a condiment for almost any kind of sandwich.

As a side note; I tried this on a Lasagne a couple of nights ago, just to see how versatile the sauce was, and it absolutely made the lasagne!

Good Job Tim!!

Well here goes on the Scorp sauce. Again, remember people, I'm no expect I do know what I like.

Colour: Nice and vibrant red.
Aroma: Smells waaaaay too inviting! Just a pleasant aroma all round.
Texture: Thick, ever so slightly chunky, but easily pourable from the bottle.

19 August 2010, 08:56 am. Again, swished a full tablespoon on my mouth for about 20 odd seconds.

Straight away I can taste a lovely rich salsa type flavour (this flavour never deminishes). Imediately I think "this would make an excellent pizza base!" Followed quickly by the "OILBEEFHOCKED!!! THATS WARM!!" At first it was just a tingle, but then BLAAAAAAAAMO!! My entire mouth is on fire and I'm sweating prefusely!
Up until the 2 minute mark I still wasn't too concerned, but then I went to get something out of the cupboard and I felt a little light headed. Sweat was still pouring off me so bad I had to wander outside to avoid dripping bodily fluids on the nice clean floor. That light headedness lasted for what felt like an eternity but I'm pretty sure it only lasted for around 2-3 minutes. Still no hiccups though which is suprising the hell out of me!
I'm still able to taste that rich fruity typre salsa-ish flavour, I can't quite put my finger squarely on an accurate flavour description.
Some time has passed now and the burn has done the usual mull out to nice back ground droan.....

09:37 FAAAAARK!! My stomach just lights up out of no where. It's been around 40 minute when this occurs!! FAAAAARK!! I run for the milk to calm it down as I'm about to go out. The milk sorts it out for oh I don't know about 5 minutes and then it's I'm off out the door thinking "this will be over in a minute" but it's not it goes on for christ only knows how long. I do my business in town like a good boy smiling to all those I come into contact with a few ask I'm sick and after trying to explain the chilli sauce thing it's just easier say I'm suffering a BAD case of Ghastro! they tend to look at you a little less like a freak when you say that. I get home around lunch time (just in the knick of time) only to find myself on the loo for the next 2 hours on and off.

All this being said, It was an outstanding sauce, in flavour, heat and texture!

If you think all that dampened my ideas of enjoying this sauce, they haven't! I've nearly finished the bottle and it's only been open 3 days!

Kudos Tim!! Another top sauce! Keep making them and put them on the market FFS!

EDIT: Tim, you have an amazing head for flavours mate everything in both of these sauces just works!

Both are good blow by blows of your experiences, but I have to ask (and maybe I should know already) who is Tim and are these commercial sauces or homemade? Pics?

Sorry JayT, TimmyNewbie and they are home made sauces but I think he should definately look at going commercial.

Heres a link to his thread and should hopefully be direct to the pic.

If it doesn't take you directly it is post #45

Back