• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Yellow brain strain or yellow 7 pot

Status
Not open for further replies.
this is what i ordered... BRAINS STRAINS.....

IMAG1529-2.jpg

THIS IS WHAT I GOT!! What do y'all think??? majority are long??? are these the real deal....ALL OF THEM ARE BRAINS??

cce76928.jpg
90493bf9.jpg

Denniz was nice enough to give me a couple of these pods today when I brought him some 1ga pots. I agree, NOT brains. I hope you get a replacement box or refund, either way not the stance to take with a paying customer. Pod variations happen, but not to this extent. My husband took a nice bite out of one, not a bad tasting pepper, but also not what you paid for.

Right. Of 160 pods you would've thought at least half would look like brains!! Well ya know. I even said pepperlover (Judy) says its not BS. And he still insisted that they were. For $25/lb. you'd think half would've looked like BS. But then again I'm just a consumer who doesn't know about IDing peppers. If they're brainstrain. Then they are. Just wanted feedback from the community. Y'all have spoken enough. Whether he decided to do something it's up to him.

The only thing "new" about Yellow Brain Strains is the name. They are the same as the Yellow 7's that have been around for quite a long time. The name "Brain Strain" just sells more seeds and pods.

Whatever you got KD, it is not right.

These are my Yellow 7's before there was such a thing as "Yellow Brain Strains"
ripeones003.jpg

I've sold some pods in the past. I've also had plenty of unintentional crosses pop up in my garden, but I've only ever sold the pods that grow true to form. The others I either eat myself or give away...

So if everyone so far has claimed them not to be BRains. How much should have I paid for this so I can ask the difference back. $25/lb for "Brain" I paid

by the way. Hope my brain strain from romy6s grow pod this year. Lol just hooked. So I can show him how they look

"That's funny...cus the seeds that grew the exact plants those pods came off of were purchased from Judy at pepperlover.com!! So if she says they are not yellow brain Strain rhen she sild me not true seeds! Which can't be right either as I have had everyone else HAPPY with them......what are u implying?? That I sold u "non brain strains"? They don't all grow picture perfect pods man...some are "imperfect" that's just the nature of growing mass amounts of plants...and growing them well! The plants produce 50 pods on first harvest and when u have thousands of plants u just pick pods n ship...I don't go thru and hand select pods that are all perfect representations of a picture perfect brain Strain yellow.....I just pick pods n ship from the plants I know and are labeled by me "yellow brain Strain"....if I was growing 20 plants...I could hand select pods....but in commercial growing...u get pods off the right plants...not hand selected ones..."

do i even need to say more?

my response to him....
its okay...doesnt seem like you're giving me back my money or sending me the real deal.....the community already knows about it and have supported me all the way....if this is how you run business... than fine....

i feel like i went to MCdonalds....ordered whats on the picture... and got a shitty burger....

My buddy. Eating one of his brain strains. no reaction whatsoever. Won't let me post video on here will post when I get home from work.

Here's another zippy from his batch. How many brains do you see

8dfd44fc.jpg

KD -- IF you didn't get what you ordered and you paid through Paypal (which IIRC is the only payment form he'll take) then there is a dispute process available there if he refuses to take action -- with the prices he is charging you should be getting what he is offering and if you include the pic of the advertised and a pic of what you got even the people at PAYPAL should be able to tell they aren't the same so may get you a refund if you file a dispute detailing the problem.

Sad part is those that got them and don't know the difference will then start selling the seeds from the pods and the plants they grow from them as BS and add even more confusion to the line than there already is out there ! IMHO if he's trying to make a premium price for selling a premium product then he should be hand picking the pods he is shipping to buyers not just pulling random pods off of any plant in the area and throwing them in a box !!

I would PM THP and explain the situation, provide both sides of the conversation, and just ask if there are any policies in place that would apply in this case. In all reality, you are buying over the web and the "at your own risk" kinda comes into play. In no way do I condone what Dale is doing, but if THP chased down every dude that sold bunk items on the forum, he would be overwhelmed. The only saving grace is that Dale is an active member within the marketplace and is using this forum in order to get a large part of his business. I am sure that Dale believes that he is selling "Brain Strains", however, once you brought it to his attention that these were not true, then he owes it to his customers to inform them of the possibility of a hybrid.

THP will probably say he can't do much, but it is worth bringing it to his attention. Any Mod worth their salt would take action against a member that is continually taking advantage of the members. It may take a handful of members coming forward, but at least you start the process. I know that after this thread I will not send business his way. I am still stuck on the fact that he didn't resend. It is sad, he was pretty cool until he started putting out thousands of plants. He should take a page from Jeff (Spicy Chicken)'s playbook and be cool AND sell thousands of peppers and stuff.

The thing you want to avoid is overdoing it, because the mods can take action against you if you are in all his threads screaming. Leave a bad review in the Vendor Vault, PM THP, and in threads that are asking about recommendations, make sure you add your experience. Remember, Dale is the douche, not you.

Matt. Appreciate all the kind words. If you notice. I didn't even say his name in the thread. Just used one of his photos. I have not gone on his threads and mentioned Anything since i recall the mods made adjustments when his name was in the marketplace. I understand the keep it cool. I've done that. I've tried to see if he could come to terms but it doesnt seem like it.

I've done only thread in this part of the forum. And vendor. And his pm. Will make contact with him again. I agree with eryone on here and will help find some resolution.

Thanks to everyone that had made comments. And if I don't get some resolution from the seller. I at least did my part and exposed how seller runs the business.

KD -- IF you didn't get what you ordered and you paid through Paypal (which IIRC is the only payment form he'll take) then there is a dispute process available there if he refuses to take action -- with the prices he is charging you should be getting what he is offering and if you include the pic of the advertised and a pic of what you got even the people at PAYPAL should be able to tell they aren't the same so may get you a refund if you file a dispute detailing the problem.

Sad part is those that got them and don't know the difference will then start selling the seeds from the pods and the plants they grow from them as BS and add even more confusion to the line than there already is out there ! IMHO if he's trying to make a premium price for selling a premium product then he should be hand picking the pods he is shipping to buyers not just pulling random pods off of any plant in the area and throwing them in a box !!
JD, your last sentence really sums things up nicely!

Post a negative review in Vendor Vault like everyone else. Is this an I.D. thread,a whine session ,or a vendor bashing? First thing you have to realize is that people rename peppers everyday. Some of the people are doing it for status,ego,and most importantly $$$$$$! I don't blame them. IMO most people here just ramble aimlessly,there is a huge amount of info on this site for us to use. I tend to read more than ramble. I'm not ignorant enough to mention names but this vendor came on here looking for free,and cheap stuff. Now said individual is selling pods for a ludicrous amount of $. That is enough reason for me to never give them my business.It is obvious this person got seeds that weren't pure.SD send me your addy and in a month or so I will send your more faux brain strain or as I call them SR strain seeds than you can grow. FREE!

PS....did this thread start off as a PEPPER ID.. yes.. ..did it end up as a "whine session/ vendor bashing..." seems like it...thats why i started one in the vendor section...in all.. since this thread has been lengthy i thought it would be okay to just continue my OPINIONS here... as some have posted their version....

Refund or replacement?? Are u kidding? I saw the pics u sent me of the pods I shipped u...they looked like a bunch of good pods to me...a little ripe...to be expected after days of shipping....and u want replacement pods cus they weren't how u "envisioned" they would arrive....seriously man....we are talking about SHIPPING FRESH PRODUCE here! It's not iPods or fishing equipment...it continues to ripen in the shipping process...if u didn't understand that when u purchased them then I don't know what u want from me? When i feel I have wronged a customer...I make it right...u can ask that around here...people will tell u that...It's all over the blog's n threads here!! If i feel as if I have not done wrong, and I feel i have given the customer what they ordered...It's a done deal! Period! And thats what this is...It seems to me u are trying to get free pods out of me and that ISN'T happening!! U can threaten to tell others..but my reputation stands second to NONE! Thanks for the business...hope u come back after u realize u got what u paid for...take care....

seems like person is still stuck on RIPEN PODS rather than as advertised pods=
sucks but oh well.. apologies to all those i have wronged and or mentioned... i may still stick around and PM people and post pics of peppers from people who have generously sent me seeds.....ill continue to keep the SEED TRAIN going...

we are all entitled to our opinions and perspective... i tried all the possible approaches... aside a couple peoples name... i tried to not use vendor names... on here...this is my opinion and i think i shouldnt be judged on it.. people can absorb what they want...

i agree.. i have learned so much on this site and will continue to do so quietly....just really sad to see people who ordered from the same person and seems like they actually got what they paid for after seeing their photos.. i dont know if its because the deal was for $75 and he cut it down to $50.....no sympathy is required..only your positive and negative feedback....

"That's funny...cus the seeds that grew the exact plants those pods came off of were purchased from Judy at pepperlover.com!! So if she says they are not yellow brain Strain rhen she sild me not true seeds! Which can't be right either as I have had everyone else HAPPY with them......what are u implying?? That I sold u "non brain strains"? They don't all grow picture perfect pods man...some are "imperfect" that's just the nature of growing mass amounts of plants...and growing them well! The plants produce 50 pods on first harvest and when u have thousands of plants u just pick pods n ship...I don't go thru and hand select pods that are all perfect representations of a picture perfect brain Strain yellow.....I just pick pods n ship from the plants I know and are labeled by me "yellow brain Strain"....if I was growing 20 plants...I could hand select pods....but in commercial growing...u get pods off the right plants...not hand selected ones..."

do i even need to say more?

my response to him....
its okay...doesnt seem like you're giving me back my money or sending me the real deal.....the community already knows about it and have supported me all the way....if this is how you run business... than fine....

i feel like i went to MCdonalds....ordered whats on the picture... and got a shitty burger....

My buddy. Eating one of his brain strains. no reaction whatsoever. Won't let me post video on here will post when I get home from work.

Here's another zippy from his batch. How many brains do you see

8dfd44fc.jpg
O

O
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHH hellllll no
Is not that the dale guy he asked me for brain strain and I told him I don’t have it I sold him red brreain strain…. If he is liar we need to see his order bcz the website keeps the history… he only bough from my website one time and it was 7 pod burgundy I will post his order here if he doesn’t apologize for this….. he is running dirty business and wants to blame others for it….
I need him to show his order from me that he bought brain strain this guy is ripping people off…

Order Information Order Number: 00000481 Order Date: Saturday, 12 November 2011 20:44 Order Status: Confirmed Customer Information Bill To Email: dale@bakerspeppers.com Full Name: Dale Address 1: City: Tampa Zip/Postal Code: Country: United States Province/Region/State: FL Ship To Full Name: Dale Address 1: City: Tampa Zip/Postal Code: Country: United States Province/Region/State: FL Shipping Information Carrier Shipping Mode Price USPS Free Shipping $0.00 Order Items Qty Name SKU Price Total 1 Trinidad 7 Pod Burgundy C.Chinese 7 P B $7.00 $7.00 SubTotal : $7.00 Shipping and Handling Fee : $0.00 Tax Total : $0.00 Total: $7.00

i NEEEEED to KNOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW how can he say he bought them from me??????????/

he asked me on the email 10 times and i told him i dont have it he was abug.... ia m sending him a mesg now telling him to back off... and stop lieing

Right. Of 160 pods you would've thought at least half would look like brains!! Well ya know. I even said pepperlover (Judy) says its not BS. And he still insisted that they were. For $25/lb. you'd think half would've looked like BS. But then again I'm just a consumer who doesn't know about IDing peppers. If they're brainstrain. Then they are. Just wanted feedback from the community. Y'all have spoken enough. Whether he decided to do something it's up to him.

i will open complian on paypal.... let him learn his lesson

the one he is talking about is Dale www.BakersPeppers.com

i just sent him a nasty email and told him he need to apologize or show us the order

he is making me SICKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

simply syaing well she sold me the seeds ......

He is not claiming he bought the seeds from you Judy he is saying the pods the seeds came from came from your seeds Judy.........second hand.......more begging stuff.

Is there any form of punishment here on the forum if people are trying to cause disturbance/fights ….. Like this Dale www.BakersPeppers.com
He will not last in business he started being dirty

He is not claiming he bought the seeds from you Judy he is saying the pods the seeds came from came from your seeds Judy.........second hand.......more begging stuff.

another easy way out... i didnt sell him any podssssss
who i need to know who he got the pods from... the seeds whatever the hell...

i have been on this forum for long ass time i never had any problem with any memebr this is the first time i ever face this..... why will someone just start this shitttt

never sold any yellow brain strain pods.. bcz i didnt have enough....

Honestly, I can't believe that Dale is pulling this BS. The pods you got were NOT the pods that were in the photo. The yellow brain strain are distinctive and YES there are some variations, however, if you have a yellow brain strain that is putting off pods like this, it is not a yellow brain strain. It is sad if this is the way things are going to go down in the future. He is pushing out a TON of pods and whether or not he is overpriced would be completely negated if the pods that you got were the right type.

King, you need to ask for your money back or replacement. Do not expect Dale to just offer it up, but you paid for Brain Strain pods and did not get them. If he is selling those as Brain Strain pods, then that in itself is wrong. PJ's photo is yellow brain strain, yours are not. Sorry about your problems, but you need to be the one to speak out.

thank you this Dale www.BakersPeppers.com is startting dirty business... he dont know guys here are VERY good Experts when it comes to pepper he needs to keep his poor busines in his nursery not on the hot pepper forum ... the guys here know it all he just started grwoing pepper this year

to know

got my box today of supposed brain strains. Out of 22 pods only one looks like the ones in the picture from which i bought them. Not impressed one bit. Bought them so i could make some hot sauce and jelly but no that's out of the questions with a box of mixed yellow pods. Ate one that looked like a habanero and it did not taste like a 7 pot at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back