• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Yellow Fatalii English Toffee

Having made brittle a three times according to tmudder's clear youtube instructions (using Moruga powder), I decided to try something a little different. So, I opted for English toffee using the recipe below:

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/English-Toffee/Detail.aspx?event8=1&prop24=SR_Thumb&e11=english%20toffee&e8=Quick%20Search&event10=1&e7=Home%20Page

I also followed the "review" by a Brooke Elizabeth which is located below the recipe. I, of course, added 1 1/2 TSP fatalii powder!

Just two photos here of the final product. I have to say that I greatly prefer the toffee to the brittle. There's more of a "butter hit", to my tastes anyway. Maybe a little easier to bite into, too. Less steps to prepare, that's for sure. You should try it. One thing I learned though after making two batches, is this. When your candy thermometer hits about 280F, it will appear that the butter is separating from the sugar, like the toffee is drying out, and will never pour. Keep stirring because when it hits 300F, it will all reincorporate. I took the temp to about 310F, when I felt the color was dark enough, and I started with LOW temp, gradually increasing it to about MEDIUM heat by the end. I'm no expert, but this worked twice for me.

How's the flavor? I have tried fatalii in chocolate and don't care for the two together, even though I LOVE fatalii with most other things. I can see it may go with the plain toffee/brittle though. 

geeme, not much fatalii flavor with that amount. just warmth, mainly.

Logrus, I added the powder at 3 different times along the way until I got the heat I wanted. First addition at around 200F.

Made some toffee of my own recipe with naga morich powder last year......yum. I only do candies at christmas time though, so in a few months I'll be heatin it up!

Back