• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Yellow leaf

So recently its been very cloudy the past week or so Ive been keeping my plants inside under an LED grow light and watering them whenever the soil is competitive dry, the leaves on some plants are curling upwards. But I noticed on one of my plants it has a yello leaf, is this something that I need to be concerned about?

E3031044-0DAE-4772-A4ED-AA239861A4F0.jpeg

might not be a bad idea to start giving low doses of fish fertilizer.  This is about the point that I start dosing mine.  Maybe use 1/4 of the recommended strength.

When I transplanted them about 2-3 weeks ago I used this stuff, just sprinkled it on the soil and mixed it up before I put the plant in

C4604D47-2132-4F63-B0B9-068FDAC617EA.jpeg

Organic ferts don't work particularly well in small confines. (It's not much area for microbes to break down the goodies) I still recommend the fish fert.  You're not going to OD your plants.

Chilidude said:

Since you love that fish fertilizer, do you have any experience with the Gh biomarine(2-3-1) stuff, also the Biobizz fish mix(5-1-4) might interest you.

I used to use the Alaska stuff, because it's locally available, and super cheap.  I compared it against Neptune's Harvest, because that's a hydrolosate, and everyone always rants and raves about hydrolosate being so much better than emulsion. (let me just say that Alaska fish kicked Neptune's ass, in my garden)   That was as far as I've gone with brands.  I'm actually done comparing them, because year before last, when we had a freezer fail, I took all of my fish - good fish, bait, chum, everything - and put it all in a huge bucket, and fermented it with lacto bacillus.  I now have enough fish fertilizer to last a lifetime.
Also, I just happen to live within walking distance of both the Atlantic Ocean, and its Intercoastal waterway.   So, if I ever need more, I'll get fish carcasses, dead bait, etc, from local fishermen.

I like the Alaska fish emulsion also. Its fairly cheap and available nearly everywhere. At the end of the season ive seen the gallon jugs sell for half price or less. I wish i could find their liquid seaweed stuff cheap. Its hard to find locally even at retail pricing unless i go to the hydro shops.

Back